TvZ help

Terran Discussion
my TvZ is extremely bad so i was wondering if any of u have recommendations on a build or strat optimized for TvZ currently i do thorzine TvT, Bomber Style TvP so now i need one for TvZ since i use one of the above against zerg. any tips and suggestions wld be greatly appreciated!
CC first
hellions
banshees
a move and win with first push
CC first
hellions
banshees

Right.
CC first
hellions
banshees

Right.

No, really. I would say this is the biggest strat im afraid of. Its extremely difficult to scout, and on top of that, be prepared at any moment a wave of hellions cramming their way through your wall because your queen, who was suppose to be blocking, was just slightly off to the side.

Then on top of that, you have to deal with banshees that come in.

And it gets even more difficult, because zerg now has to find the right moment to scout the front or sac an ovie to see what your mid game plan is.

An easy build to learn and execute. A very, very hard build for zerg to defend.

Granted this is if zerg goes macro off at least two bases.
11/04/2012 02:34 AMPosted by BTCOMM
Right.

It's really rare sub gm to meet somebody who can deal with the hellion banshee efficiently and then have enough creep spread/macro to deal with the first big push efficiently. Obviously I'm executing this build very well and perhaps some of you lower level guys couldn't but your zerg opponents will be significantly less competent which makes up for it.
thnx i was wondering if u have any replays for me to watch as reference?
11/03/2012 11:48 PMPosted by StaR
my TvZ is extremely bad so i was wondering if any of u have recommendations on a build or strat optimized for TvZ currently i do thorzine TvT, Bomber Style TvP so now i need one for TvZ since i use one of the above against zerg. any tips and suggestions wld be greatly appreciated!

May I suggest mech? Can't seem to lose with it. If I get a lot of zergs in a row, I've been matched against (and defeated) diamond players with it.

Basic idea is this:

1 rax FE into hellion banshee.
Double armory, double factory.
Expand, add 2 more factories.
Make thors until you see roaches. When you see roaches, make 4-6 tanks. You should have maybe 10 hellions, 4-5 banshees, and the rest should ideally be Thors, maybe a smattering of tanks.
There are a few basic timings to move out:
* If zerg tries to deny your third and you crush it.
* At 160 supply with 2/2 (hits before T3), should back this with 6 factories and 3 bases.
* At 200 supply with 3/3 (hits after T3, but anything less than 10+ brood lords is pretty easy to deal with with 3/3 thors), should back this with 8 factories and 4 bases.

As Zerg dedicates to T3, add starports, get ravens.