Battle Cruiser vs Cattle Bruiser

General Discussion
Post Limit:
I would prefer if they were given a very specialized role, involving an hp and slight armor buff, an increase to damage and fire rate (or damage decrease, but several attacks like the Mothership), but a nerf to speed and slightly to build time. Giving Yamato Cannon an AOE in exchange for making it no longer seek (you can dodge in the channeling time) might be good as well.
I have a crazy but probably stupid idea:

What if Battlecruisers could be called in by a Starport like a Warp Gate? You clcik on the button and it instantly pops out. Of course, the cooldown would be long, but I think the pro metagame needs more comeback moments

What if Battlecruisers could be called in by a Starport like a Warp Gate? You clcik on the button and it instantly pops out. Of course, the cooldown would be long, but I think the pro metagame needs more comeback moments
... Nah. Think about it.

*scan*

10 BCs drop into enemy base

"Bwah!?"

... Nah. Think about it.

*scan*

10 BCs drop into enemy base

"Bwah!?"

No, no, no, not like that. I mean they fly in right over the Starport, of cour...

*imagines proxy Starport BC rushes*

Yeah, never mind.
I thought building that unit was like building ultralisks.

Look I am so ahead I am throwing minerals at units...WEEE HAAA.

you see them in team games, and I built a bunch in a 1v1 TvT when I had 5 bases to their 2.

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?s=bc8cdb06eac0296027a04e029e48431a&game=33&show=details&id=273871

#1 Ultralisks can save your Carapace when the Stalker/Collosus deathball appears, and they're very strong against terran as well...the only ground combat unit that can really stop them is Thors.

#2 Battlecruisers are very difficult to beat from the ground.....it takes 11 marines, or so to beat 1 battlecruiser on equal upgrades, stalkers don't do enough damage quickly and they're not cost effective either... They're also the most mobile option for dealing with mutalisks......So you don't need to overinvest in turrets to stop muta harrass and when wait to build up money and rebuild your stuff to counter attack......You can just counter attack.
MVP told us NOT to use Battlecrusiers
Now imagine BCs have their build time increased by 30 seconds, take another 32 seconds after production to be battle-ready, lose yamato, lose 100 hp and 1.5 armour, their anti-ground dps is reduced to their anti-air dps, their vulnerability to enemy armour is made even worse, and their attacks can be shot down.

Everything was weaker in Brood War, except Hydralisks and Terran mech.

And gateway units.

Regardless, I was describing the carrier not the BW cattlebruiser.

11/12/2012 02:23 PMPosted by VIPER

In the interview MVP actually said that BC/ghost, if the terran manages to get it, is uncounterable by protoss unless the terran makes a huge mistake. Which is reflected by the fact that squirtle was unable to fight it head on until he got the archon toilet.
11/12/2012 02:23 PMPosted by VIPER

Cattlebruisers are much better.