planetary fortress at the 3rd

Zerg Discussion
So keep him contained on 3 base, or all in against any attempt to take a 4th and race to hive? PF on 3rd means less econ and you can ultra broodlord juggle him to death at hive.
it'll be an MMM gayfest. <------ this made me lol because that's exactly what I classify it as too
personally i try to force out a PF at the 3rd, and if he went inbase cc, force him to wait for another cc to take his 3rd, of if he didnt, then he will only have 2 orbitals. ofcourse u then cant harrass at the third if he goes PF there, so you have to counterattack the natural, of if thats locked down too, you cant do much with ling runby's, but at the same time if hes playing super defensive than you can abuse that too.

also if a player PF's their third, they are unlikely to take a 4th in my experience...so just play the longterm macro game. thats where zerg is strongest anyways.
11/14/2012 10:49 AMPosted by ZCksuen
their bad if you rely no a unit

infestors are not a potion for me anymore

What the hell did I just read?

11/14/2012 03:59 PMPosted by ZCksuen
lol ofc its just my high masters zerg friends says not to use infestors so i dont

You know, after seeing how unintelligent your posts are, I'm not surprised that you are still diamond after like 3000 1v1s played.
Infestors vs PF is very risky if he reacts in time and surrounds his stuff. I like banes and actually 3 ultras do a pretty good job of taking them out too, just have to have some sort of escape route planned for them because you don't want to trade 3 ultras for one base unless you know you are making him bleed profusely enough that he is damn near broke and you can remax for the push that will come after he cleans up the ultras. The best army vs terran is wave after wave of baneling mixed in with whatever other units you sprinkle in since nothing else seems to put out damage fast enough later in the game. I find that anytime I don't make banes I eventually end up losing.
11/15/2012 12:27 AMPosted by TechNo
their bad if you rely no a unit

infestors are not a potion for me anymore

What the hell did I just read?

lol ofc its just my high masters zerg friends says not to use infestors so i dont

You know, after seeing how unintelligent your posts are, I'm not surprised that you are still diamond after like 3000 1v1s played.
yeah sorry my spelling is really bad and i do suck really bad at starcraft i just want to make masters one day.
11/15/2012 08:29 AMPosted by DobisPR
Infestors vs PF is very risky if he reacts in time and surrounds his stuff. I like banes and actually 3 ultras do a pretty good job of taking them out too, just have to have some sort of escape route planned for them because you don't want to trade 3 ultras for one base unless you know you are making him bleed profusely enough that he is damn near broke and you can remax for the push that will come after he cleans up the ultras. The best army vs terran is wave after wave of baneling mixed in with whatever other units you sprinkle in since nothing else seems to put out damage fast enough later in the game. I find that anytime I don't make banes I eventually end up losing.
i dont really have 3 ultras by the time he gets a 3rd though
I recall a game where stephano just massed up a ton of speed banelings with a few zergs to tank the fortress. He was able to blow up the base in 1 go. He did this at an opponents 4th so this strategy isn't always viable against a well guarded expansion. He was also able to zone out the terrans army while he did this.
PFs can tank roach armies if u get that armor upgrade from the engineering bay. I just gave up and attacked his second base when he put one up on his third
but i don't want to use infestors because they're bad

At least I can admit that infestors are really, REALLY good. I'm just really bad with them. But I guess that means if they are nerfed I wont care all that much.
11/14/2012 06:39 AMPosted by ZCksuen
thanks everyone for your help and i vetoed antiga terran is to op on that map, and who makes roaches in tvz?

Isn't Antiga 3-17 in favor of Zergs in the current GSL? I'm not saying it's a Zerg favored map--but I find it odd that a map Zerg wins the most on is considered Terran favored.
Isn't Antiga 3-17 in favor of Zergs in the current GSL? I'm not saying it's a Zerg favored map--but I find it odd that a map Zerg wins the most on is considered Terran favored.

dont know if that 3-17 number is true but antiga is very terran favored
but i don't want to use infestors because their bad

One does not simply get past Platinum without winfestors
11/15/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Chris

dont know if that 3-17 number is true but antiga is very terran favored

I apologize, the record is 18-33 in favor of Zerg in the current GSL. Protoss are doing much better vs Zerg on the map at only 9-16 in favor of Zerg.

EDIT:

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-korean/leagues/3216_2012_HOT6_Global_StarCraft_2_League_Season_5%3A_Code_S/main

If you want to see it for yourself :)
air since planetary cant attack that
Planetary 3rds are standard standard standard on maps like Antiga and cloud kingdom where the third is somewhat vulnerable (unlike entombed where it is completely safe). I don't think you need to kill it, you just need to keep mining from occurring. Fungal is great for this as are baneling run throughs, mutas, and BLs (which are also effective versus the structure at a certain point).

Though, by the time Terrans third is going up (in normal games) you should be looking at hive tech and taking your fourth or fifth base, so getting a handful of ultras and a pile of lings or BL/Infestor are both good answers to all but the earliest of thirds.
Planetary 3rds are standard standard standard on maps like Antiga and cloud kingdom where the third is somewhat vulnerable (unlike entombed where it is completely safe). I don't think you need to kill it, you just need to keep mining from occurring. Fungal is great for this as are baneling run throughs, mutas, and BLs (which are also effective versus the structure at a certain point).

Though, by the time Terrans third is going up (in normal games) you should be looking at hive tech and taking your fourth or fifth base, so getting a handful of ultras and a pile of lings or BL/Infestor are both good answers to all but the earliest of thirds.

i guess it really depends on the league. imo a planetary 3rd is an exception that only occurs if u really put on pressure, also i would consider antiga a very safe 3rd, even safer than entombed. vulnerable 3rd = cloud kingdom, since he pushes one way allowing u counter attack the other, and map vision is so ez to get as a zerg.

then every once in awhile u get a guy who planetaries his natural...and u get a derpy game that goes something like this...

http://drop.sc/276248
11/15/2012 01:12 PMPosted by RvNPlayerX

I'm finding this out very slowly. :D

It would be interesting to see how a pro could do on ladder, never using them. They are so crucial.
Posted by RvNPlayerX

I'm finding this out very slowly. :D

It would be interesting to see how a pro could do on ladder, never using them. They are so crucial.

i win games in masters without infestors all the time.