some good zvz help needed

Zerg Discussion
i usually get stuck in the ling bling spot where one or 2 baneling hits cripples me if i dont click perfectly on defense. its gettting really annoying. Whats a good safe build to protect froma 14/14
I prefer 10 overpool. Then grab a 15 hatch. After I start the hatch I grab a single gas. I build a Baneling Nest with one of the drones in gas as soon as I get 50 gas, and then pick up Metabolic Boost with the next 100 gas. I only pick up a single queen at my expansion, and grab the queen at the main when the minerals allow.

From there that should allow a pretty safe defense. You will have banelings and if need be zerglings before your opponent. At that point you really need an overlord by their natural's mineral line. You have to see if they're droning or not so peek in occasionally. Other than that its just proper micro.
14/14.

Put a spine at your natural and block your ramp with your two queens if he sends in a lot of speedlings and work on that ling/bane micro. Just make sure to evacuate your drones from your natural if you see an attack coming. The other option is to be the agressor, but that still requires ling bane micro.

Unfortunately if you try to make extra spines to be safe you fall way behind in econ, and doing an earlier pressure build before he gets banes out means you have to do damage to make it even out. So your best bet is to keep practicing the ling/bane wars.

Other than that you can try things like skipping your baneling nest and going straight for roaches but that is super risky, definitely not safe.
it just feels like half the game is luck for the first 5 minutes and trying to maintain droning while trying to spot if he is making army or not. if they hide what they are making in the base i cant get in to see it and next thing i know im gettings ran over. I really dont see what terrans and toss are complaining about when they get wall safety vs zerg lol. trying to fend off ling bling without a wall to defend is a nightmare
Well you should always be able to build lings in time for a ling/bling timing attack. By then you should have a steady line of Overlords to his base from yours. You can hold a ridiculous amount with mainly banelings, queens, and 1 spine crawler. Its that practice that is hard.
Here is a replay of a 14/14 with speed first followed by bane nest (leaves 3 on gas).
I prefer gasless 14 pool and 15/16/17 hatch (depends on how im feeling)

http://drop.sc/276297

What I do probably isn't all that good but it works for me if I don't make stupid mistakes.
If things go normally I generally take double gas at 5:00, 3rd gas at 5:30 lair at first 100gas and go for a 2base roach push.

Edit: not sure why drop.sc says spectro is in silver, he is currently 45th in master.
Edit edit:
11/16/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Nightwolf
it just feels like half the game is luck for the first 5 minutes and trying to maintain droning while trying to spot if he is making army or not. if they hide what they are making in the base i cant get in to see it and next thing i know im gettings ran over. I really dont see what terrans and toss are complaining about when they get wall safety vs zerg lol. trying to fend off ling bling without a wall to defend is a nightmare

This is a really annoying part about zvz. If they do an early hatch build just try to keep count of his drones and see what he is hatching out of his natural. BIG speedling timings with early hatch or hatch first can start at around 6 minutes. I generally try to have a wallin with roach+evos+queen by that time.