Infestor nerf confirmed (Chinese interview)

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
11/18/2012 02:56 AMPosted by xDRxBALO
top 3 players of bwc are protoss. i heard that protoss was OP, and terran is UP and zerg is balanced.

I don't think anyone expected the Zerg to win, some of the best Protoss (If the not THE best) in the WORLD were there. The only one that truly stood a chance for first was Stephano, and he got killed by IdrA. (The zerg were good, but not top level enough to compete against Rain, Parting and Creator.) Also, there were 4 terran, all foreign.

It was over before it began
blizzard don t turn back now

DO IT
dont do it.... unnecessary thing to do

terrans just need to incorporate ghosts more, and protoss just needs to incorporate high templar.

if any changes should be made, snipe needs a buff vs light units, maybe make templar archives faster built or something that allows high templar to be more accessible
11/17/2012 10:00 AMPosted by redstar
I love how they nerf it in PvZ but do absolutely nothing about infestors in TvZ where they're the biggest problem.

Actually I did not read thru every post but if fungal is a projectile then the raven will begin playing a huge role vs zerg in using their ability to snipe incoming projectiles. PDD.

The battle starts...fire up PDD and voille.....neural is intercepted. Corrupters are going to need to focus fire the PDD's in order to get the fungals cast...this will buy enough time for the terran to do good splits and micro into better positions.

Making the fungal a projectile is huge for terran....Terrans will simply have to start mining more gas and make ravens to counteract infestors....a little raven love is now needed in order to make the raven a go to unit for terrans much like the infestor is a go to unit for zerg.
if you make it a projectile spell, then it needs to affect a wider area and last longer.

and make force field, emp, storm, and changeling projectile spells, so we have the chance to dodge those as well.
edit: and chrono boost, vortex
if you make it a projectile spell, then it needs to affect a wider area and last longer.

and make force field, emp, storm, and changeling projectile spells, so we have the chance to dodge those as well.
edit: and chrono boost, vortex

^

This. For balance, derp. Oh and time warp. Get rid of pulsar beam absolutely ridiculous. Add a few new units to Zerg, give them an AoE.
Turning Chrono Boost into a projective is going to be hilarious.
I don't think anyone expected the Zerg to win, some of the best Protoss (If the not THE best) in the WORLD were there. The only one that truly stood a chance for first was Stephano, and he got killed by IdrA. (The zerg were good, but not top level enough to compete against Rain, Parting and Creator.) Also, there were 4 terran, all foreign.

It was over before it began
you make this thread as if all of that will be implemented, those are simply ideas. chances are 1 (or none) of that will be implemented.
Detailed patchnotes on balance map revealed by rock (aka, Dustin, or in Chinese, Mr/Brother Bald) during an interview with the Chinese press at BWC Finals, Shanghai
http://games.sina.com.cn/j/z/sc2/2012-11-17/1942470071.shtml

According to Rock:
WOL balance map will see:
Mothership is now immune to infestor neural parasite - confirmed
Any psionic units(high Templar, ghost, queen, infestor) will be immune to neural parasite
Other changes possible

HoTs balance map will see:
Fungal will be projectile instead of instant cast - confirmed
Other changes possible

If they're happy about the changes, all changes that they're happy about regardless where they were being tested (WOL, or HOTS balance maps) will be patched.

*Theyre avoiding "direct" nerfs to fungal, but looking at indirect options. Other options being seriously considered are:
Carrier interceptors immune to fungal
Infestor movement speed decrease

Edit: corrected the mistake that it was psionic units not units with energy.
Side note: Google translate is bad...and "throw egg" (like literally throw egg) is apparently the nickname for IT in Chinese, sort of like the beach ball thing day9 named some time ago.

Personally, I'd see all three plans being implemented in addition to interceptors being immune to fungal.
I'd also like to see buffs to raven and carriers. Blizzard has said carriers are underpowered since the beginning of the game yet nothing was done to address it. Raven needs more love.
ITs need some slight adjustment, energy cost/no longer benefit from upgrade would be nice.

If all those are implement, a direct hammer nerf to say fungal damage wouldn't be necessary I think.

Not sure if this has been brought yet, but in this interview here:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7896864/Selected_Videos_from_the_BWC-11_18_2012

Dustin said they are planning to test psionic units immune to fungal growth
Yeah..... NP has already been wacked pretty hard with the Nerf bat but Mommaship immunity is a good idea to me
Let's see where things go in the PTR. They'll presumably roll back the nerfs before releasing the patch. I like the ability to neural motherships. It create's a lot of suspense watching pros but maybe they could reduce neural range a little.
Don't nerf things unnecessarily. Idra massed Infestors and still lost, quite easily.

And nerfing the speed is pants on head retarded, as is making them MORE visible.
11/17/2012 10:00 AMPosted by redstar
I love how they nerf it in PvZ but do absolutely nothing about infestors in TvZ where they're the biggest problem.

This
Don't nerf things unnecessarily. Idra massed Infestors and still lost, quite easily.

And nerfing the speed is pants on head retarded, as is making them MORE visible.

Unnecessarily? Have you EVER played this video game? You know what an Infestor is, Right?
11/18/2012 10:08 AMPosted by CultistChan

Actually that was the only game he won against toss.
Actually I did not read thru every post but if fungal is a projectile then the raven will begin playing a huge role vs zerg in using their ability to snipe incoming projectiles. PDD.

PDD can only block projectiles from automatic weapon attacks(a-move, attack move), not spells. PDD also does not block instant fire auto attacks like lasers and marine weapon attack.

PDD currently blocks all Zerg unit's ranged attacks. It is the only race that does not have a unit that bypasses PDD to deal damage to it.

It is somewhat ironic that the only thing that the Zerg has that can directly kill a PDD is the spell Infested Terran. A terran unit to deal with a terran spell.
11/17/2012 09:56 AMPosted by SenzaErrori
lol, i used google translate and must have accidentally hit "mock this language" instead of translate it

I lol'd