vs immo/sentry allin: reactionary hydras

Zerg Discussion
11/21/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Tomsonx
And just as a side note regarding this hydra theory. Any smart toss that sees you're going hydra will simply retreat and tech up to collosus.

Please read the OP fully. I address this topic in-depth, including a replay; the TL;DR of that is that it's a very bad idea for him to retreat and tech up to colossi, and you don't build hydras unless he pushes anyway.

And your way to approach this is the typical one; however, this requires very precise control and macro. If people at high diamond aren't looking at their army when they move out, I assure you that the higher you go the less true this becomes. Still it's definitely a valid way to hold the push as well. Personally I think it's more fragile than going hydra though, since you can get FF'd badly and lose a lot of army.

Also if you go hydra, you can do the same thing as what you suggest (just not with the hydras). Sending lings outside his base and making him burn FF's is a good idea if you have enough.
Thank you for posting this. I was ready to throw my keyboard out the window from losing to these stupid immortal/sentry all ins consecutively. I can confirm that this build pretty much crushes the immortal/sentry composition.
11/22/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Anarchies
Thank you for posting this. I was ready to throw my keyboard out the window from losing to these stupid immortal/sentry all ins consecutively. I can confirm that this build pretty much crushes the immortal/sentry composition.

Glad it's working out =) immo/sentry can be really frustrating with roach/ling; we've all been there.
Just curious vs the + 1 zealot heavy variations is it better to just go pure roach?

Then ling hydra?

I'm not good at holding this push with conventional means, and I'd rather NOT hold it with base trading if possible.

(Learn to hold it straight up and keep my 3 bases )