infestor nerf

Zerg Discussion
Post Limit:
do you think they are really going to go though with this and nerf it after the test map? and if so will you keep using infestors?
All their doing is nerfing fungel so it cant hit psonic.

What does this do for TvZ? nothing. Ghosts simply wont die to fungels, but ghosts die to everything else so no bother.

This will make a slightly larger impact for ZvP as you will not be able to stop archons from getting into a vortex.
Yeah this is a small nerf, though I don't agree with not being able to fungal archons. The matchup is pretty balanced; we can see from WCS that toss is starting to figure it out. I think any balance change will take another month or two at least for them to test it thoroughly.
It will fix PvZ, while TvZ remains hopeless if the zerg is half decent at fungals
11/19/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Zerglor
It will fix PvZ, while TvZ remains hopeless if the zerg is half decent at fungals

blizzard does not want to help terran at all thats why i learned this after the MANY nerfs they have given us, mit as well have only 2 races in sc2
11/19/2012 09:16 AMPosted by John
All their doing is nerfing fungel so it cant hit psonic.

So, to put this in perspective, infestors will no longer be able to fungal: archon, high templar, dark templar, mothership, warp prisms, and sentries.

If this goes through, welcome to GomPvT.

TvZ is already quite balanced at Code S levels depending on map, so not being able to fungal ghosts means they have free range over your infestors with the bonus to psionic with snipe.

Late game PvZ pre-brood lords is going to be stupid. If they go with this, some units are going to need attribute changes or Zerg will actually have no mid-game. They will be going roach/ling/baneling until broods are out.
11/19/2012 01:20 PMPosted by esnov

blizzard does not want to help terran at all thats why i learned this after the MANY nerfs they have given us, mit as well have only 2 races in sc2

And what did you think when Terran was OP for the longest time? Only once race?
I would really like to see your source for this nerf. I read that they were looking into making neural parasite unable to affect psionic not fungal.
Warp prisms are going to be near impossible to stop.

And protoss will once again be able to 1 A move their death ball with no consequences.

The problem is that fungal covers so many core attributes of the Zerg's army, AoE damage, Siege, CC, and AA. If fungal didn't do damage and there was a buff to Hydra (AA) and an "Acid Splash" upgrade at hive for Roach (AoE) then everybody would be happy.
Lol the next patch

"Marines are now considered psionic.."

Marines now have 200 energy and each shot consumes 1 energy and each shot creates a psyonic storm over the target. >:D
Lol the next patch

"Marines are now considered psionic.."

Marines now have 200 energy and each shot consumes 1 energy and each shot creates a psyonic storm over the target. >:D

god plz dont give them any ideas
This patch is simply Blizzards way of reminding Terrans and Protoss that HT's and Ghosts counter Infestors ;).
i honestly don't see the point standard toss deathball with colossi are already almost immune to infestors after they nerfed neural parasite so why do they have to make their templar units immune to it too
11/19/2012 03:34 PMPosted by ZergyMonster
I would really like to see your source for this nerf. I read that they were looking into making neural parasite unable to affect psionic not fungal.

This

I have heard from a friend they were changing fungal, but I have only seen them talk about it effecting neural.

EDIT: And yes, I would still use the brofesters. ITs are pretty gewd, and even if fungal only hits non-psionic, can still keep the rest of the army away while sniping the costly units
They were going to nerf np, but discussed the possibility for fungal as well. Depends, but zerg need the infestor for so many things. If they do nerf festor, fungal still needs to remain viable at the very least.
kinda wierd that not only does zerg have the fewest units that deal bonus damage to other types but now our spells will be reduced to not be usable on others
This will take away fungal's soft counter to DT and Ghost cloaking. We'll have to have overseers to deal with cloak, which is bad news vs Terran because they get sniped so easily. This could definitely tilt the balance in ZvP because Archons and DTs are already quite threatening.
Can anyone confirms if this prevents fungal on sentries? If it does then protoss are probably going to need a nerf to the immortal sentry all in.