Immortals are insanely stupid.

Zerg Discussion
Post Limit:
12/03/2012 04:17 PMPosted by OpTicCloud
Ultras just suck. You never want ultras. they are horrible now and u would need perfect timings for ultras to br used.

Ultras are good against stalker/colossus/sentry armies, and very bad against pretty much every other composition. If your opponent is going for a ground army with relatively few immortals, zealots, archons, and no mothership, then ultras can be useful.
If your opponent is going for a ground army with relatively few immortals, zealots, archons, and no mothership, then ultras can be useful.

Unfortunately, anything they go will grant them access to at least two of those if not three by the time you get out Ultralisks, so it's best not to give them too much time after you kill their Stalker/Collosus army, or at least prepare for the other stuff.
12/03/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Hannibal
Ultras are good against stalker/colossus/sentry armies, and very bad against pretty much every other composition. If your opponent is going for a ground army with relatively few immortals, zealots, archons, and no mothership, then ultras can be useful.

Another thing HOTS is supposed to fix, but I haven't really tried it.
Ultras just suck. You never want ultras. they are horrible now and u would need perfect timings for ultras to br used.
I like how a bronze says ultras suck, the fact is ultras are very good if you use them the right way for example aside from banelings and roaches, four ultras pwn a pf with a full surround of repairing scvs and their quite good at tanking damage from tanks, etc so you were saying?
I like how a bronze says ultras suck, the fact is ultras are very good if you use them the right way for example aside from banelings and roaches, four ultras pwn a pf with a full surround of repairing scvs and their quite good at tanking damage from tanks, etc so you were saying?
your typing and spelling are very good, and a I'm sure a bronzie knows all about how ultras suck because you don't know how to use them the right way.
Sorry about all those extra posts, I'm on a iPad and don't know what heck is going on lol.
Maybe your right. But honestly, do you see any MLG Zerg like Stephano, use Ultras regularly? No, if he does that's minimal. You -ZCksuen- do not know my actual identity. All i can say is it may be personal preference. I'm not here to offend or draw attention from people. I'm simply stating what I think, if you dont like my comments F -OFF then.
12/04/2012 04:21 PMPosted by OpTicCloud
But honestly, do you see any MLG Zerg like Stephano, use Ultras regularly?

Actually he does in ZvT, and most ZvT's in IPL5 involved ultras
12/04/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Defenestratr
Actually he does in ZvT, and most ZvT's in IPL5 involved ultras

Well okay, I guess your right. Forgive me if im wrong but i am just stating what I think and feel.
The keyword here is "a". As in you lost a game or a single game and then proceeded to come onto the forums and complain.
12/04/2012 04:21 PMPosted by OpTicCloud
Maybe your right. But honestly, do you see any MLG Zerg like Stephano, use Ultras regularly? No, if he does that's minimal. You -ZCksuen- do not know my actual identity. All i can say is it may be personal preference. I'm not here to offend or draw attention from people. I'm simply stating what I think, if you dont like my comments F -OFF then.
Oh ya? who are ya then son, and btw I meant no offense sorry if you took it that way.
First off, I never said I didn't do anything wrong. I am human so theres always potential for that obviously...but good job pointing out the obvious TechNo. Secondly, I am tired of using the infestor/blord tech tree its so damn boring...and being forced into using it almost makes me want to just stop playing. That being said, I am starting to agree with not using ultras at all, they seem to only work in very small niches and the cost just irritates me for their ability suck so bad. I didn't post the replay because I figured no one would want to watch my gold ladder replay anyway...most people could care less to invest that type of time I would have thought. My problem is when they get that many immortals, am I just boned since they can intergrate anything else they want while I am stuck on a tech switch?

Oh and as for muta play, I as a gold player haven't really found it viable in the lower ranks because most of the lower ranks tend to tower a good bit. It works in some cases but even lowbies use blink stalkers to good effectiveness at this point in the game.
12/05/2012 09:50 AMPosted by WoundedMass
My problem is when they get that many immortals, am I just boned since they can intergrate anything else they want while I am stuck on a tech switch?

People in today's day and age seem to have forgotten that Z is the easiest race to tech switch in the game =/ All you need is the structure, then just build w/e you want in droves. T and P have a MUCH more difficult time tech switching than Z. Use this to your advantage to force poor unit comps from your opponent.
12/05/2012 08:56 AMPosted by ZCksuen
Oh ya? who are ya then son, and btw I meant no offense sorry if you took it that way.

Hey buddy , that hurt. Google me. Google OpTic Nadeshot. Then come at me bro, I know im a console player but still, I dont see any ZCksuen guy in MLG tournaments like COD XP.

Hey buddy , that hurt. Google me. Google OpTic Nadeshot. Then come at me bro, I know im a console player but still, I dont see any ZCksuen guy in MLG tournaments like COD XP.
I gave up on cod 7 years ago, couldn't take the whiny british 12 year olds on there, however when facing people starcraft 2 community, you need grit your teeth. But dont trash talk ultras because you had a bad time the first time you used them.
12/05/2012 12:18 PMPosted by ZCksuen
But dont trash talk ultras because you had a bad time the first time you used them.

Ultra were better in Brood War.
12/05/2012 12:33 PMPosted by OpTicCloud
But dont trash talk ultras because you had a bad time the first time you used them.

Ultra were better in Brood War.
Very well then.
I see no infestors in this thread lol

After infestor buff, ultras are gonna be good...
12/05/2012 03:22 PMPosted by ZCksuen
Very well then.

Happy you got a good Ultra comment from me? But really, Ultra's were better in Brood War.