another annoying specs question...

Off Topic Dicussion
found another setup for the laptop im going to buy, this one being toshiba (who i have never had a problem with). any input on my system? how will this run d3/sc2?

Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Memory 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (4GB + 4GB)
Hard Disk Drive 500GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial ATA)
Graphics Controller 2GB DDR3 AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M Graphics
anyonee?
This will run D3 and SC2 OK, but that's about it. Don't expect anything fantastic.
This will run SC2 and Diablo 3 at over 60 fps on Medium.

As a ballpark example, my i5-3210m with the 7670m gets 60-80 fps in SC2 medium settings, and about 70fps diablo 3 on med-high (high textures, low physics, med clutter.)

My laptop hard drive, however, is 500GB 7200rpm, though the 5400rpm HDD shouldn't slow things down too much.

Medium settings guaranteed, high playable, maybe not perfect.
I think you really don't know what you are talking about.

First: Laptop GPUs are severely weaker than desktop GPU equivalent of same name. That is to say, HD 7670M is nowhere near desktop 7670. If compared to a desktop equivalent, it is bit behind GT 430, but ahead of HD 5570.

Second: The moment you mentioned VRAM to determine how a game will run well shows how uneducated you are; short of running heavily modded Skyrim or multi-monitor setups, VRAM does not matter at all (beyond 1GB).

Third: As described in the stats, it uses DDR3 VRAM, not GDDR5. Using DDR3 VRAM causes significant performance penalty compared to GDDR5 version of the same graphics card.
11/28/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Hibachi
I think you really don't know what you are talking about.

+1

Someone ban xsv.
[/quote]This kind of idiocy pisses me off. SC2 would run at 60fps on Medium if he had 1,000 youtube windows open all playing at the same time. The 7670 is no slouch and not considered economical but any standard; coupled with 2gb of ram... yeah it'll handle SC2 just fine.[/quote]

xsv, you happen to know NOTHING about computers. You think a game will run better if it is older, and no, it will not run well with several youtube windows open.

PS: Crysis is from 2007, run that on a crappy card and tell me it ran ultra.

Also: Reported for your pointless, tasteless flame.