Seriously Brotoss???

Protoss Discussion
Post Limit:
I've trolled about phoenix lift before. Wonder why?

http://drop.sc/281775

That's why.

I try to mass up hydras, but guess what? he still manages to harass, and I never have a chance to get anywhere NEAR enough hydras.

I know all I prob needed is corruptors, but that many phoenixes? SERIOUSLY?

PS: I'll admit this is mostly a QQ thread.

That's why.

I try to mass up hydras, but guess what? he still manages to harass, and I never have a chance to get anywhere NEAR enough hydras.

I hear infestors are really good.
Yeah, hydras are never a good answer to anything. A lot of the time when a protoss builds phoenix, he's just hoping that zerg will build hydras so he can go colossus and crush them. A lot of the time, the best answer to mass phoenix is to build a few spores, largely ignoring the phoenix and going for a big roach/ling attack. It's a lot like how protoss players deal with muta harass: don't sit around trying to defend, just go across the map and kill the base.
Build some spores to protect your drones, and then run him over with roaches and spellings. His Phoenix are powerful when it comes to annoying you, but all they can do is watch if you push on his base

That's why.

I hear infestors usually die pretty fast too (and you'll see a few in the replay). And spores didn't help either, i had up to 5 at each base, but that didn't stop him from getting UP TO THIRTY PHOENIXES.

Although i do understand the part where you do a massive ling/roach attack... at least partially.

Based on the replay, what could I have done differently, other than try to hide my OLs and saturate the third I claimed, to cause a huge turning point in my favor? He didn't exactly let my drones live long enough for me to easily get the mins for a massive ling attack...
You let him get 30 pheonixes? why?

And corruptors would wreck that even after the fact
You let him get 30 pheonixes? why?

And corruptors would wreck that even after the fact

Ah, silver. You do in fact need decently handled infestors or else corruptors to handle that many Phoenixes. If your infestors are getting picked off before they fungal, use corruptors. They're pretty darn good against phoenixes.

I hear infestors usually die pretty fast too (and you'll see a few in the replay). And spores didn't help either, i had up to 5 at each base, but that didn't stop him from getting UP TO THIRTY PHOENIXES.

Although i do understand the part where you do a massive ling/roach attack... at least partially.

Based on the replay, what could I have done differently, other than try to hide my OLs and saturate the third I claimed, to cause a huge turning point in my favor? He didn't exactly let my drones live long enough for me to easily get the mins for a massive ling attack...

I admit I didn't watch the replay, but really, infestors counter phoenixes. I suspect you simply made a mistake with them if they died. All it would take is a few chain fungals with or without infested terrans to clean up every last phoenix. I don't have time to watch the game right now, but another thing to keep in mind, as others have kinda pointed out, is that mass lings work great against high numbers of phoenixes too. Lings are tiny, cheap, disposable, and only take up half a supply. 30 phoenixes cost as much minerals as 90 lings (so, not including gas). How are 30 phoenixes going to deal with that? A protoss player can't even win in a base race scenario here because phoenixes can't attack buildings.
Silver for the last 7 seasons. Nice.
spore crawlers and queens early game

infestors mid game, maybe hydras if he goes overboard. if he goes overboard put down a nydus and attack him. If a protoss doesn't have AoE vs hydras then its a free win for the zerg.
Do what Stephano does..... max out on Roaches / Lings and go kill him. Phoenix SUCK at killing Roaches so you are sure to do a LOT of damage.
12/04/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Setho
And spores didn't help either, i had up to 5 at each base, but that didn't stop him from getting UP TO THIRTY PHOENIXES.

If your opponent is getting that many Phoenixes, just build as many Roaches as you can and attack.

You will win.
12/05/2012 04:21 AMPosted by Hylozoist
And spores didn't help either, i had up to 5 at each base, but that didn't stop him from getting UP TO THIRTY PHOENIXES.

If your opponent is getting that many Phoenixes, just build as many Roaches as you can and attack.

You will win.
This...
12/04/2012 11:56 PMPosted by TechNo

Partially because I was likely occupied by real life, mostly because I've considered myself bored with laddering most of the time in the past. I probably played no more than maybe 10 or even 5 1v1s in most of those seasons.

On the other hand, I have managed a 4 win streak (all Terran though, if I remember) recently, and I seriously doubt I'd be below Gold if I laddered as much as I had time for, and did so for a few weeks.

atm, I've been busy with life, and I haven't been through a ZvP recently, so you can let this thread die for now.
12/04/2012 11:56 PMPosted by TechNo

Dude, that's not cool. Seriously, some people simply do not have the proper skill, equipment, or time to practice Starcraft as a scholar.

Setho, 2-3 Spores per Hatch is your best bet. Phoenixes obviously cannot lift structures so a few Spores will deter any hostile air units near a Hatch.

That's why.

Lol silver league balance complaints.
12/07/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Guilt

Dude, that's not cool. Seriously, some people simply do not have the proper skill, equipment, or time to practice Starcraft as a scholar.

Setho, 2-3 Spores per Hatch is your best bet. Phoenixes obviously cannot lift structures so a few Spores will deter any hostile air units near a Hatch.

Maybe if you read his "I had 5 spores per base" you could give usefull advice.
12/06/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Setho
On the other hand, I have managed a 4 win streak (all Terran though, if I remember) recently, and I seriously doubt I'd be below Gold if I laddered as much as I had time for, and did so for a few weeks.

That may be true. Playing more games teaches you a number of things. Watching people play who are much better than you probably gives you more game knowledge, though.
But since you haven't played a ton or watched a lot of pros, it's best to listen.

Agreed. We're all here to have fun. The game's been out for a while, and half the players are going to be below average, by definition. The reasons any specific player is in that bucket will vary a bit, as well. There's no real need for the ego games.
And keep in mind, the popularity of a game (and thus, its viability as an "E-sport" or whatever) hinges in large part upon not continually making the less successful players all want to quit and play something else.