In Glory We Return, Part 2

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
"One can hope, Sergeant, one can hope." I resume walking, setting a waypoint at a door a couple meters down the hall. "Firebats and a fire team with me. We'll want to clear the rooms around us."
Squad Anonym follows [Zarkun's character] to the door, Macintosh taking point, with Michael just behind, ad Rick and Jason lagging a little to provide covering fire.
"sir my squad will watch the rear unless you need us up front." Actum says scanning for any zerg to kill.
"Go clear the next room. We need to make this fast."
"yes sir! move it ladies." Actum says turning around and heading for the next room. He stops next to the door and waits as his squad comes up behind him. They breach the door and find another couple pods, and a couple larva. Actum motions for his squad to slice open the pods and kill the infested while he makes the larva (quite literally) eat canister rounds.
Do it yourself.

IC: Reaching the next door, I take up the same position I had on the first one. "Breach it."
OOC:
Alright, I'm back and (mostly) caught up.

IC:
Keeping a safe distance from the door, I level my rifle with it's center.
OOC: Night all. Mom's kicking me off the computer. Try not to TPK while I'm gone.
OOC: I haven't had time to be apart of this, kill my character, please. (Sorry all.)
Shoots Koro's guy in the head. /troll
a !@#$ ton of zerglings appear outa nowhere and maul koro's char then run away /troll
I trip and face plant into fallen glass.
Matt looks at the sniper. "Waaiit a minute. Look. This guy's wearing a red shirt. Don't those guys always just get eaten by something, or something like that? Why don't I just save us some suspense..."

BLAMBLAMBLAM.
Matt looks at the sniper. "Waaiit a minute. Look. This guy's wearing a red shirt. Don't those guys always just get eaten by something, or something like that? Why don't I just save us some suspense..."

BLAMBLAMBLAM.

We appear to be out of redshirts. Thank you for volunteering to be the one who dies to show how terrible the bad guy is.
The politician is now a red shirt. Nukester got the boot for good this time.
*written on behalf of Nukester, who is no longer with us*

The Politician looked around, the dead were starting to really pile up.
"A for performance. A for readiness. C for life preservation and resource usage."
The steel door began to creek. And the politician looked at it.
"General... I think we've got a situation here!"
The doors edges began to smoke, and clanging could be heard. The politician aimed his rifle at the door and backed up.
"A little help back here!"
Help was coming, but it was to late. The doors hinges began to break open, and the politician ran. Before he could make the corner, several hydralisk needles stabbed him through the back.

He is now a redshirt.
Wells is in motion before the political officer hits the ground. He runs at the hyrdalisk as he brings his weapon up. A single controlled burst sends hydralisk blood flying across the room.

Yet the hydralisk is not yet dead. It angles its head for another volley of spines and the holes in the hydralisk's crest contract as they prepare to send the spines out at extreme speeds.
Unfortunately (for it) Wells has already closed the distance and ejected his rifle's bayonet. He ramms it into the hydralisk's lower jaw and pulls the trigger.

The hydralisk's head explodes upwards and outwards, pasting the ceiling with bone, flesh, and blood.

Wells yanks his bayonet out of the creature and takes a step back. The hydralisk is still upright, so Wells lifts one of his armored legs and knees the creature's not so solid (from the first burst) chest area. It falls sideways and lands with a wet thump.

He turns on the group.
"Someone check our political officer."
I move quickly and check his pulse, sighing. "Dead, sir. Judging from the spines points of contact, it was quick and painless."
Actum is the second reach the PO (Political Officer) and does a quick glance of him noting the hydra spine through his visor. "Damn thats one ugly way to go a hydralisk spine to the face." Actum says cringing at the idea.