Cannot play HOTS beta. Can't connect or load.

Mac Technical Support
Hello,

About 90% of the time I try to log on to the HOTS beta, the client tells me it is awaiting a response from Battle.net. If I do manage to log on, the matchmaking menus do not load. Instead, the spinning loading icon spins forever.
I have the same exact problem...
yup same thing, never have had prob with WOL
The beta was doen for Dec 5 and 6 i believe but it should be up now I have the problem as well and when I do login I cannot look at anything that needs connection to bnet such as matchmaking channels achievements and such
Same here, just applied the 4.7GB patch to hots and now I can't connect to BNet, just sits on the connection screen?
Same thing...... -__- help someone please?
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7321072214

HotS is down for Mac users... according to this post the solution has been discovered and it will be applied in the next beta patch. Hopefully that's soon.
Thanks TerranItUp. At least someone has updated us Mac users who check this forum. Can't always get a response from Blizzard employees.
Yeah, I just spent the last 12 hours backing up and partitioning my hard drive so that I can run Windows 7 on it, I'll probably end up sticking with it. Everything is running perfectly well, and I can switch pretty easily between OS X and Windows.
Right now I'm downloading the HotS beta, I used the streaming launcher to play a game vs. AI, played on High settings no hiccups, 100+ FPS. I recommend for everyone to do this.
I have the exact same problem.
It tells me my HOTS account has expired or doesn't exist. The other invite I got from Bliz logged in but can't connect to anything. I hope I haven't lost my second Beta. It's still under my account details.
Anyone know when the next update will be to fix this? It is extremely frustrating that most of the patches break the game for Mac users. Would be nice to play the Beta now that I am off from school but I doubt that will happen.
blizzard forgot to include a mac friendly version of this patch, so excited to push the new changes! so were all outta luck...thanks blizzard...just SWELL
Put bootcamp on your mac install sc2 like that. Only way I could get hots to run after this update.
heshomike HOW do you get bootcamp? i want it to play different games i just dont know how to get it
Yeah, I just spent the last 12 hours backing up and partitioning my hard drive so that I can run Windows 7 on it, I'll probably end up sticking with it. Everything is running perfectly well, and I can switch pretty easily between OS X and Windows.
Right now I'm downloading the HotS beta, I used the streaming launcher to play a game vs. AI, played on High settings no hiccups, 100+ FPS. I recommend for everyone to do this.

That's exactly what I'm working on doing... I'll probably switch back to the OSX version once it's back up and running but for now I should be able to play it on Windows 7 via Boot Camp.

Too bad I have to eat up 40GB of hard drive space just for this purpose though

BTW: does anyone know if you can install HotS beta without installing WoL first?
12/09/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Graves
heshomike HOW do you get bootcamp? i want it to play different games i just dont know how to get it

boot camp is built into your Mac OS already... just get a copy of Windows and you're good to go

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461
There is a Mac issue with beta right now I believe.

• Mac Connectivity Issue
With Beta Patch 2 there is a serious Mac specific bug that will prevent users from properly downloading information off of Battle.net and may prevent some players from logging in to the beta service. Mac users that do manage to log in will not be able to download new map data properly which will prevent them from participating in Matchmaking, download new Arcade maps, or gain access to Custom Game maps that they have not already downloaded. Updates on the status of this issue can be found on this thread.

When will the next patch be coming out to fix this? It is very unfair for the rest f us, we shouldn't have to go through the hassle of installing another operating system when the game is supposed to work on both.
Don't even expect a fix soon..The patch problems of 1.5 haven't even been resolved and they have supposedly been looking into it since september. If the fix doesn't come by next week it will probably not come til early next year maybe.