[Bug] A couple of overlooked beta issues

Editor Discussion
Arcade is live on the Beta server, in case anybody missed it. I just updated my Mad Scientist Wars map (open source) to work with the Beta version, and have a couple of issues I'd like to bring up that appear to have been missed.

1) The "Catalog Field Value" functions (i.e. Catalog Field Get As Integer) do not include the Rewards catalog under presets.

This catalog is currently available (beta version) by using "49" as custom script, but this is undesirable as people are generally not aware of this workaround, and the fact that this particular value can change from patch to patch (it was "46" prior to the beta version and something like "33" before Patch 1.5).

A brief discussion of the issue can be found here: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/triggers/43871-catalog-fvg-problem/

2) The map editor is not correctly retrieving player attribute settings (controller status in particular).

So, I'd like to prevent AI player from being used in my map. Currently, I have to select each player's (player attributes tab) and check the "Computer" box under the controller field to remove "Computer" as a controller option. This needs to be repeated for each gameplay variant (a grand total of 28 times for my Mad Scientist Wars map). While annoying to do once, whenever I load my map up again this checkbox is unchecked by default. This means that I have to repeat the entire process every time I publish a new version in order to prevent AI players from being a controller option.

The solution is to have the editor correctly register that computer controllers are disabled for certain players. An additional quality-of-life change would be to add a functionality that allows us to enable/disable AI players en masse, but that's not strictly necessary.
@1

The fact that it keeps changing (this particular feature still under development) is probably the reason it isn't in GUI yet.
Thanks for the report, we will look into these issues.

This catalog is currently available (beta version) by using "49" as custom script, but this is undesirable as people are generally not aware of this workaround, and the fact that this particular value can change from patch to patch (it was "46" prior to the beta version and something like "33" before Patch 1.5).

You'd better use c_gameCatalogReward instead of 33 or 46. This is what the constants are mean to be used. The number could change, while the constants won't.

Also, you can use 'Catalog Reference Get', which is more user friendly.
the icons on the dependancy menu are muddled. IIRC the button to modify a dependancy has a delete icon and the button which removes a dependancy has a minimize icon.
Both of these issues should be fixed in the next HotS beta patch (not balance update).
12/17/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Tenarsis
Both of these issues should be fixed in the next HotS beta patch (not balance update).

Thanks!