Fade: The Rise, Part 2

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 4 25 Next
I chuckle, stroking Arcis' neck. "I won't be alone. Trust me, I'll be fine."
"If you're sure..just, just be careful." I say, and with that I reach in and give him a little kiss. It may have been for luck, or for another reason, but either way I was still worried about him.
Tyson treks through the cold, slightly annoyed by the wind smashing against his face. He looks around and through the use of his Es zooms in to an area. He barely saw three Infected rambling about comically in the snow. He stops himself from smiling at the scene and continues his march. When he sees the checkpoint he quickens his pace to a run and jumps up, and starts climbing to the top and with eagle like vision surveys the surrounding area, but to no avail. Thinking back to the infected he saw earlier he whispers to himself, "There are infected here. It's quite troublesome that they are returning."
I stand in shock momentarily then nod. "I'm always careful. Especially where Infected are concerned. Still...if we can, I'm taking you to a more fortified position."
Seeing his surprise, I wonder if I should have done that.

"Don't worry about me, only about yourself and Arcis. I'll be fine here...you're the ones going into danger. But I'm sure you'll be fine, you're a very good fighter." I say, smiling before backing up a step or two.
Clucatharrives at the palace and requests an audience.
"If they swarm this point though, it would be overrun. I couldn't live with myself."
I take my hands, put them on his shoulders, and look into his eyes.

"I'll be fine. It's Arcis and yourself that you should be worried about."
"I'll worry about everyone. It would go against my nature not to."
"Well, if you must. How long would you expect to be gone?" I ask worryingly, taking my hands away from his shoulders.
"Depends on where it is they send me. The King wasn't specific about where in the plains it started." I was confused, wondering shy she'd leaned in and kissed me. Not that it wasn't pleasant, but it was definitely unexpected.
"Well, alright. But if you take too long, I'm going to go after you." I say, my nerves a little rattled now that we were so close to the deadlands. I had my prior experiences to think about...Jason had grown surprisingly close to me since we'd met, and I didn't want to lose anyone else to this godforsaken plague.
I think you two like each other. I say yawning and trying to fall back asleep but their conversation was just a little bit too interesting.
Unlikely, but possible. I chuckle at Sahna. "I'd make sure they wouldn't let you. You're hurt."
I chuckle a little bit.

"That would be in vain. And I'm not all that hurt anymore...it feels quite a lot better. Thanks to Arcis." I say, smiling at the dragon.
"I'm sure you do, but you still need to rest. You could strain yourself pushing too hard."
"Which is why I'm not going. And I'm still not happy about that, so don't push your luck." I say, smiling.
I chuckle and shake my head. "Once I know where it is I need to go, I'll be back in no more then a day. Infected are much trouble for me." I was looking around, wondering where our Watcher friend had gone.
"Well, I'll hold you to your word on that." I say, noticing him looking around.

"What are you looking for?"