Newkirk District

Protoss Discussion
I know im only bronze but can somebody tell me where would i wall off against zergs. The ramp from the natural seems kinda large and the distance from the main ramp to the natural base seems pretty far apart.
Either across the wide ramp like in Antiga or using a Nexus wall-off (forge,gateway,cyber stratching from main ramp to your nexus with a cannon behind to protect the wall and your probes). You might want an extra cannon to protect probes/gas when using a Nexus wall-off, especially until you're comfortable with using sentries/zealots to hold rushes.
Start with a Pylon that covers all but 3 hexes on the ramp. Build your Forge, Gate, and Cyber Core from that position and complete the wall with a Pylon at the empty hexes.
ok thanks.
It's honestly not a very good map to play against zerg on, and not wonderful against terran too. Securing a third is a real pain and the chokes are so wide. I would veto it.
PvZ on this map. Zealot dance party. that is all.
I posted a thread on /r/allthingsprotoss with pictures on what some wall-off options look like, including one with the 3rd being walled off at one angle.

http://imgur.com/a/Hu06t

Feedback is appreciated :)
Thats a good short term wall off, but a bad long term wall off, as a roach all in will crush it, as you have no control over the ramp.
vetoed this map immediately following a PvP game. Just because i knew I would never want to play vs a zerg on it.
01/09/2013 08:31 AMPosted by Erpman
vetoed this map immediately following a PvP game. Just because i knew I would never want to play vs a zerg on it.
It isn't that bad... Your wall is different, and you actually can go for zealot/Stalker pressure on it because of the distance between bases on the ground, and your 3rd is relatively safe because of the natural chokes and the way you can wall one side and position your army on the other and basically protect your 3rd and natural simultaneously. Give it more time - it is actually one of the better maps for Protoss.
I posted a thread on /r/allthingsprotoss with pictures on what some wall-off options look like, including one with the 3rd being walled off at one angle.

http://imgur.com/a/Hu06t

Feedback is appreciated :)

The wall offs at the natural die to ling all ins. If I see that kind of wall off that's what I do ;p The normal wall off and the one at the third are both really good though.
01/10/2013 05:19 AMPosted by Hunta
The wall offs at the natural die to ling all ins. If I see that kind of wall off that's what I do ;p The normal wall off and the one at the third are both really good though.
No offense, but your opponents must be inexperienced, because it is actually EASIER to hold off ling all-ins with wall-offs at the natural, because all it takes is to complete the wall and the cannons finish. And the all-in fails.

The ONLY exception is 6-8 pools, for which you don't even need a wall, as you're going 1 base longer.
On a separate note:

This map is AWESOME for PvP DT/Expand with drop play, especially against a 1 gate or 2 gate expo player! ^_^