Amnesia: The Darkness Within

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
Prev 1 15 16 17 20 Next
I think I shall join
Controller Ramadar carefully manipulated the psionic energy within the Khaydarin crystal. There were four other crystals like this set up among the northern position, each attended by another controller like him. It was nearly time to unleash the power within the crystal but first, he had to check on the status of the others. "My brethren, have you finished your preparations?"

The thoughts of several high templars reached Ramadar's mind instantaneously.

"I am ready Controller Ramadar."

"As am I."

"We await you to finish yours."

"Soon brothers, very soon. The Zerg will feel the full fury of the sons of Aiur!" said Ramadar as his crystal turned crimson and began to warp the air near him.
======
"Vipers in the area! Air squadrons, intercept them before they manage to close the distance to the colossus!" cried a Protoss captain.

A squadron of phoenixes flew out to meet the incoming vipers.

@KO
"Fleet commander (name), are you there? Can you unleash your interceptors on the incoming vipers?"
=======
12/20/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Zarkun
I chuckle. "Not to private. For your information, the Xel'Naga spirit inside me chose me for reasons it's yet to share with me. If he had wanted you to find him, he'd have made himself known to you instead."

"A Creator? Ah, it makes sense now. I've sensed something else in you and I could not quite place it. Yet even if a Creator inhabits your mind, it is clearly too weak to manifest itself in fear of breaking your mind. It is but a voice in your head.

"You two, I want this human alive. He is too valuable to die. We will extract the Creator from his mind."

=======
Permission to use Sundrop?

IC: The Praetor and Pilot activated their Psi Blades, ready to fight him to the death to subject him for extraction!
Blast it, I totally forgot where I was going with this...

IC: I shake my head. "He told me himself that his joining with me alone would have broken my mind if I hadn't been strong enough." A shimmering in the air next me happens. "And now you've pissed him off." The air solidifies and the Xel'Naga was standing next to me.

"You assume much, Tal'Darim Firstborn. Why do you seek to ignore my will?"
@CR
Yes you may. But we have ran into an obstacle

@Zarkun
Telnis holds up a hand still outside the ghoster's range.

"A Creator?! What trickery is this?"
The Praetor's Psi Blade turned off under the pressure, what has happened!?
"Master!? What do we do? What if this is truly it's will? We can't just go against it... Can we?"
"It is not trickery, but one of those who made your existence possible. This human is my vessel until I say otherwise, and to test my patience is to throw away your life." I remained ready, watching the two who had accompanied the leader. I recognized one as the Sundrop user. "Told you."
OOC: Is this an actual Xel'naga or something along the lines of an "imprint" of a Xelnaga?
As far as I know, the piece of the Xel'Naga that survived. However, keep in mind Ghoster is formed from his power, and even a piece is extremely powerful. Really, I'm just going with what you throw me because I forgot where I was going to go originally. It works though.
"Creator, why choose him as a vessel when it is clear that a Terran will never be able to hold and use powers such as yours?"
"He has proven more worthy then most of our Firstborn, including yourself. To think we had such high hopes for the Protoss." I chuckled at that, but stop at a glance. We'd argued before, and the results weren't good for me, though he was impressed with my resilience. "You hope to best him? I have yet to allow him to use my full power, and if you push, you will know my wrath."
The Praetor has then remembered something. If this was indeed a Xel'naga... And it used Psi then that would mean... "Master! The Zerg will surely go into a frenzy now!"
Before the Protoss's air could arrive to take the Vipers out, they had already made their move. They advanced on the Colossi, heedless of the Dragoons, and yanked them from where they were, bringing them in range of the Roaches. Three of them broke off and set Blinding Clouds on the Dragoons and Immortals, then died due to enemy defenses. More and more Zerg began to pour, pushing as hard as possible, but these troops had something different. Their carpaces were more resistant, as their armor had been modified to allow them to take more damage
12/26/2012 04:30 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
The Praetor has then remembered something. If this was indeed a Xel'naga... And it used Psi then that would mean... "Master! The Zerg will surely go into a frenzy now!"

I have not thought of that. This is indeed troublesome. I would contact the Executor but he has shut off all communications to concentrate on his work. Change of plans. I will delay as long as possible. One of you find a Var'dha crystal. We will seal the conscious in his mind in it. Even a Xel'naga in such a state will not be able to escape.

"What makes this Terran so great? He is but a mere speck of dust in the vastness in the primordial order of the galaxy. He hardly even has psionic potential!"
SMYLEEEZ.
WHERE ARE MY INFESTED TERRANS!?
You know I need to start the Party Battlecruiser like last time. >:C
The form create barriers that trap all of us in here, no one able to leave. "He understands honor, and is stronger then you believe. How many Terrans would have been able to stand back up after a blast from your mind, Telnis? How do I know your name? Your thoughts are not as secure as you think." I just sighed, watching the other two. I didn't know what he'd heard, but I wasn't about to let my guard down. "Look, let me do my job and I'll leave. You'll never even see me again. I'm going back to Zerg only jobs."
@le changeling
Times have changed and Amnesia needed a new serious makeover. This is the third reboot after the second didn't get much steam after literally copying and pasting Fluppuple's original thread.

You can be Jester's consort? I can even retcon one of my Zerg commanders for your infested terran dudes.
====
OOC: Eating so be back in 15 minutes.
I'll do it.. .Master, just tell me where one shall be and I'll search for it immediately. The Praetor sent a though message to the Master Protoss.

The Pilot didn't know what to do what do a stare off like they had already done.

The Praetor... She tried to leave but felt a barrier! Master... It's not use. But don't worry, there is always a plan that I have.
Oh dear god. Seriousness!?
HERE!?
The Bar has really gone under since I left!

I will prepare countermeasures immediately!
12/26/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Jester
Before the Protoss's air could arrive to take the Vipers out, they had already made their move. They advanced on the Colossi, heedless of the Dragoons, and yanked them from where they were, bringing them in range of the Roaches. Three of them broke off and set Blinding Clouds on the Dragoons and Immortals, then died due to enemy defenses. More and more Zerg began to pour, pushing as hard as possible, but these troops had something different. Their carpaces were more resistant, as their armor had been modified to allow them to take more damage
Is that lore-friendly? As far as I know, lore Vipers can't actually pull a Colossus due to the comparative masses, and the fact that the Viper is flying which the Colossus is on the ground. If a single Viper tried to do that it would end up launching itself at the Colossus and going splat on its shields. Probably several of them working together could tip one though.

P.S. Welcome back.