To pool all of our collective RP ideas...

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next
01/10/2013 03:27 PMPosted by SlnderBurito
Hmm. I'm thinking something like Dead Space or Silent Hill styled creepiness. Everyone has already done the whole 'trapped in a lab, monstrosities attacking you' deal... I want to think of something creative.
Why don't you do that with a mix of the new Tomb Raider like survival mixed with other survivals, then add in the puzzles that test the mind and body.
01/10/2013 03:27 PMPosted by SlnderBurito
Hmm. I'm thinking something like Dead Space or Silent Hill styled creepiness. Everyone has already done the whole 'trapped in a lab, monstrosities attacking you' deal... I want to think of something creative.
So something similar to what I suggested?
CR, no puzzles. People do RPs to relax, and think, puzzles, tend to be frustrating. But Dac, I initially suggested the horror survival, but alas, I have yet to think of a new idea that could work.
I want to do someone based off of the New Lara Croft.... Someone that is young, naive, emotional, doesn't know what to do. (The new Tomb Raider is her Origin Story) And I said based so it wont be her.
SB: Need you on DA if possible. Also, didn't even notice. That's my personal favorite.
Then maybe do a horror theme that was already there?

For example, you're basically this new person that there to study something in some sort of jungle or such. However, the experienced personnel are killed in an ambush, and you're left to this mysterious world with no mentor.
I could do a Far Cry one sort of set up. It's not super scary, but it isn't super unscary either.
Hmm... perhaps arc- wait Dead Space 3 is doing that...

. . .
How about an expeditionary force sent to Char, and loses all communications or ways to escape the harsh world, as the Swarm literally evolves around them..?
Hmm... perhaps arc- wait Dead Space 3 is doing that...

. . .
How about an expeditionary force sent to Char, and loses all communications or ways to escape the harsh world, as the Swarm literally evolves around them..?
Where at? The volcanic areas? The Marshes? Jungly areas?
Have you guys read the short stories? What about something like one of those?
It's Char, there's only volcanic areas... so... think Black Ops II zombies, but with Zerg.
01/10/2013 07:12 PMPosted by SlnderBurito
It's Char, there's only volcanic areas... so... think Black Ops II zombies, but with Zerg.
I know, but on HoTS there is a Marsh.
A volcanic marsh, mind you.
That's true. There are more biomes on Char than you'd think. And I like the feel of that. Maybe a little bit like TranZit?
We gotta do a crossover for Transformers
01/10/2013 07:25 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
We gotta do a crossover for Transformers

That...is a worse idea than it sounds. It doesn't even have a way to relate to normal Sector life, aside from the alien attacks of course.
Mecha:
THIS IS MADNESS!
THIS IS BLASPHEMY!
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!(Starcraft 2 Forums)
*Kicks mecha into the barrel of my XB-540 Punisher Mass Driver Cannon and hit the fire button launching him into deep space even as his very molecules are pulled apart.*
*watches Mecha's disintegrating form soar into the abyss*

Ouch. Wince inducing.

How about this: your char is on a journey to a distant place for some reason, famine, attacks, pilgrimage, doesn't super matter unless you want to base the plot on it.
However, dark creatures are stalking the land, looking for unwary travellers.

Fantasy, I know, but it's the best I could come up with OTTOMH. I won't be doing it because I have the Reaper plotline, but it could combine well with the skyworld thing.
think Black Ops II zombies, but with Zerg.

01/10/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Zarkun
Maybe a little bit like TranZit?

Black Ops II zombies

01/10/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Zarkun
TranZit
^

I still like that idea.