patch 1.5

Technical Support
I stopped playing sc2 ~4months ago because I could never download patch 1.5. I've always had to download patches manually, but 1.5 didn't exist as a manual patch. Can't get HOTS if WOL doesn't work...
Disabling Kaspersky didn't help. Port forwarding didn't help (4months ago). Is there a manual patch for 1.5 now?
There isn't a manual patch, Edel, but I would temporarily uninstall Kaspersky with their removal tool, just as a test. Then I'd see if StarCraft II can patch. Afterwards, I would reinstall Kaspersky.

I can't even play SCII offline because a window keeps popping up and closing saying I can't connect.
have you tried removing all sc2 version on your computer even the folders in appdata ?
and then downloading the client instead of using the disc?
also is your windows up to date, i.e is sp1 installed?
No. Can you give me step by step directions for removal and where to get the client? I don't know what sp1 is...
sp1 is abbreviation for service pack 1 (you can install it through: start - control panel - windows update - click: install all important updates) you might need to repeat that step to install more important updates until you get the sp1 update....

to remove starcraft 2 : click start - control panel - add remove programs - click on starcraft 2 and then click "remove/uninstall"
after that i would recommend using ccclener (http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/) to clean your computer from traces of the game and also to clean broken registry... as after using cccleaner you'll have cleaner installation..

if you're trying to install the game from a dvd then:
1) insert the dvd ; close the launcher;
2) go to start - my computer -
3) right click on the dvd and choose open
4) right click on installer and choose run as administrator...

p.s.
to install patch 1.5.3...
1) go to : https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/starcraft-ii-patch-troubleshooting-pc
2) click on http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/sc2-pod-retail/migration/sc2-1.5.0-enUS-Win-Migration.zip
3) after patch downloads, unzip it with : winrar (http://filehippo.com/download_winrar_32/) or winzip
4) go into temp ; 1.5migration
5) right click on "StarCraft II Migration Setup" and choose run as administrator
6) wait until setup finishes
7) have fun
I followed your instructions for sp1, but how can I tell if I've gotten the sp1 update now or previously?
I removed starcraft, but I'm unable to download the client. The error message is similar as when I tried to play (BLZAPPBTS00002 ) , before. I tried removing Kaspersky again, and still no luck...
01/09/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Edel
Port forwarding didn't help (4months ago)

Your computer's IP address may have changed since 4 months ago. I would make sure ports 3724 and 1119 are being forwarded to your computer's current IP address.
01/15/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Edel
Sorry, can I get instructions for that? I don't have the link on how to do port forwarding anymore.

If you wanna port forward go to your router settings. Basically open command prompt type, /ipconfig then look for default gateway. Type that IP in your browser, look on the side of your router for "system password" or something depending on the manufacturer you have. This is the password to get in your router settings. As far as the user name to login, that depends again on the manufacture of the router. This is a easy google for you, search the make\model of the router you have for like "router login <make/model>". It will give you the login name if you do not know, if its not on your router, or its not the common ones (user, admin, <blank>,). If the system password is not on the router, this google search will probably find you the password (if its not unique to the router and labeled on it). In these router settings just make sure you forward whatever ports you want to the IP of your computer (you can also find your computers IP in command prompt with /ipconfig).
to check whether your os has sp1 go to: start - right click on your computer and choose properties... (or press "windows key" + "pause key"
under "windows edition" it should say service pack 1 (if it got installed)...
I'm having trouble with port forwarding. I've gotten logged in like you said, clicked the port forwarding tab. Hit enable, hit add. But I don't know what to fill out from here:
Common Services: AIM, FTP, or Other
Service Type: TCP/UDP, TCP, or UDP
Server IP Address (4, 4-characters)

are 3724 and 1119 the only ports I need forwarded?

In regards to sp1, it says I have service pack 2, so I'm guessing that's fine?
What's the make and model of your router?
any advice?
Service Type: TCP/UDP, TCP, or UDP
Server IP Address (4, 4-characters)

are 3724 and 1119 the only ports I need forwarded?

Ok, you'll want to forward both, TCP/UDP, and forward it to your computer's current IP address.

Thanks
Also, are 3724 and 1119 what I put for Start Port and End Port?
I need a server IP address. Internal and external addresses don't work. I'd be grateful for any help