As toss how do you deal with Infest/BL

Protoss Discussion
^title
I've tried mass voidrays & mass carriers even mixing the two but most of the time even if i micro away from the infested terrans or manage to get a few HT storms on the zergs army the massive ball of corrupters just shut down my air while the broodlords annihilate any ground units i may have.
Oh, you miss an important aspect of your composition, my young padawan!

Archons!!!

Seriously, use a lot of Archons as your anti-air support to maul corruptors, while still using HTs against Infestors/ITs, while Carriers are your main damage dealer, and using maybe Void Rays or more archons as needed (based on Zerg's ratio of units).
The most important part is to make sure the zerg isn't too far ahead of you on bases.

If they are then you are screwed with any composition vs infestor/blord unless you get lucky with a mothership vortex.

You have to restrict his gas so he can only make so much crap in the first place.

Warp prisms are good at harassing and killing extra bases.

Keep him on an equal economic footing and your composition whatever it may be will have a chance. I prefer the colossus/stalker/high templar composition to beat this. Blinking groups of stalkers after the colossus clear out the broodlings and some money storms really help.
What I think is important is forcing lots of anti air.

if you force a lot of infestors, then you can definitely mix in ht for feed backing and maybe get a vortex off and throw in lots of cheap zealots to kill them.

IF you force lots of corruptors, just try to defend and harass until you have a large gateway backbone and kill him with a quick stab to the heart (using zealots and archons).

Whatever you do, I do think skytoss can work if you can get to it. and then follow up with a quick zealot archon reinforcement and win.
If you watch much lategame pvz, toss often counts on a good vortex from the ol mothership.
But the standard compositions are generally mothership/archon/colossus/blink stalkers, and if you have storm HT aren't bad at all.
archons and colossus are going to be critical to eliminating broodlings asap, you can usually sneak a few colossus beams off on festers here and there, ms for a sweet vortex and archon toilet(if you have ht coming out of vortex is a great time to storm), and obviously blinking under BL when you can
Warp prism harass can be awesome since BL are snails

This isn't the only way to deal with it, but its the most standard based upon what Ive seen from GSL and various streams.
If you watch much lategame pvz, toss often counts on a good vortex from the ol mothership.
But the standard compositions are generally mothership/archon/colossus/blink stalkers, and if you have storm HT aren't bad at all.
archons and colossus are going to be critical to eliminating broodlings asap, you can usually sneak a few colossus beams off on festers here and there, ms for a sweet vortex and archon toilet(if you have ht coming out of vortex is a great time to storm), and obviously blinking under BL when you can
Warp prism harass can be awesome since BL are snails

This isn't the only way to deal with it, but its the most standard based upon what Ive seen from GSL and various streams.
Indeed.

As a follow up, if you and the Zerg are still alive after the Vortex, typically you can go 4 stargate Carriers + Archons + HT + MS and either Void Rays or Stalkers and wreak havoc on a Zerg going Infestor/Corruptor/Broodlord. If you micro right, you can most certainly beat this army and gain an upperhand in economy and build more stargates, gateways and pump out a maxed army of air or ground units interchangeably as Zerg tries to keep up with Zealot/Archon vs Carrier/VR ratios, while you match Zerg in expo count.

:)

I came back to WOL today and played a Zerg for an hour almost, and I was using a lot of Carrier/Archon/Stalker/HT and Zealots for harassing expos, but 1 bad engagement pushed me into a position where I basically was on equal econ with Zerg, but had superior tech, and kept trading armies until I eventually had to stay on Zealot/Stalker/Archon/HT which eventually won me the game (with the map having ONLY 1 expo left to mine) :P

But, yeah, the standard for WOL is to have that MS/Archon money Vortex and hope Zerg makes some mistakes; if you survive beyond that, you go straight into 4-6 Stargates for Carriers and Void Rays + 20 Gates with Templar tech.
You need amazing blink control with high templar colossus mothership.
your econ needs to be up to snuff also. You can't stay on 3 bases forever.
Super late game is often a war of attrition
There are two ways that the pros do it.

Most Koreans are hitting timings off of two or three bases that hit before 15 min (when broodlords pop)

Most foreign pros are still sticking with the Mothership Archon toilet.

In my experience, neither are great. The mothership route is basically, the whole game comes down to one engagement. Whoever makes a mistake loses. It's not fun, it's not the easiest thing to do either. The zerg can do so many things that are very easy to pull of to make your archon toilet less effective. They can spread their broodlords, or throw a ton of infested terrans in the vortex. They can also try to fungal your archons before they can get in the vortex. Because I feel like it's slightly easier to pull off for the zerg, I tend to stay away from this and favor the all in route.
your econ needs to be up to snuff also. You can't stay on 3 bases forever.
Super late game is often a war of attrition

incorrect. a 3-base protoss can A-move steamroll a 5-base zerg with ease.

ITT: Terrible Zerg who couldn't get out of Platinum with his OP race.
01/21/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Omicron
just immortal/sentry all-in with proxy pylon and/or warp prism for reinforcement and you will auto-win 100% of the time. PvZ is imba, so you might as well take advantage of it.

I understand your frustration. Since you're so frustrated, try Protoss and take your wins to Master's. Of course my experience was that I ended up in exactly the same place with Protoss as Zerg, but maybe yours will be different.
I build a deathball that can run over most broodlord/infestor armies, but you have to match your army to his or you'll get flattened.

Carrier/ht/archon/mothership/zealots, after your 6th carrier start building void rays instead

If you let the zealots charge ahead of your army, they'll reach the infestors and force them to waste fungals on your zealots instead of your gas units. use storm + archons on the corruptors while air units kill the BLs. Making sure the corruptors go down is the key to the whole fight.
ok most of you guys are wrong.The way you deal with broodlords are pheonixes with 2 attack upgrades they will kill curroptors and anytype of air from zerg.You can also use them to kill broodlords and make the zerg fall back on supply.the way you deal with infestor is iimmortal archon stalker and of course an observer.The immortals will kill the eggs and the stalkers will help kill the air or kill the eggs.Colosuss will burn the broodlings get 3 and youre good to go after you kill his army push at his expos.I guarrantee you will win.
Hope i was a lot of help :)
ok most of you guys are wrong.The way you deal with broodlords are pheonixes with 2 attack upgrades they will kill curroptors and anytype of air from zerg.You can also use them to kill broodlords and make the zerg fall back on supply.the way you deal with infestor is iimmortal archon stalker and of course an observer.The immortals will kill the eggs and the stalkers will help kill the air or kill the eggs.Colosuss will burn the broodlings get 3 and youre good to go after you kill his army push at his expos.I guarrantee you will win.
Hope i was a lot of help :)

Maybe in Silver.
01/25/2013 05:43 AMPosted by Hunta
Maybe in Silver.

Actually....
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=387850
Easy dont let them get infested broodlord
Lol

It's sad but bliz does not seem to want to do anything in wol about this. In hots this is fixed