Koro's Weapon Shop

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 10 11 12 24 Next
Sorry, it just stinks that the same 4-5 nerds can spam these "lets pretend to be fictional characters" threads to the point that they dominate the popular topics list. It does affect me because it makes it harder to find the topics where people are actually discussing the reason these forums exist in the first place (SC2).

I'll edit out the mouthbreather part.

I think I'd be less butthurt if there was 20+ people spamming it, but its not. Its the same 4-5 people who make up 99% of the posts in these "pretend to be fictional character" threads that pop up on the popular topic thread list.

Zarkun
Dacder
Ravens
Mecha
Morph
Warhawk
Jester
Markus
smylez
Slnder

And more where that came from..
Other people find a way to ignore us, so why can't you?
Sorry, it just stinks that the same 4-5 nerds can spam these "lets pretend to be fictional characters" threads to the point that they dominate the popular topics list. It does affect me because it makes it harder to find the topics where people are actually discussing the reason these forums exist in the first place (SC2).

I'll edit out the mouthbreather part.

I think I'd be less butthurt if there was 20+ people spamming it, but its not. Its the same 4-5 people who make up 99% of the posts in these "pretend to be fictional character" threads that pop up on the popular topic thread list.

Zarkun
Dacder
Ravens
Mecha
Morph
Warhawk
Jester
Markus
smylez
Slnder

2 people account for 14 of the posts just on page 1. The same 2 people account for 12 of the posts on page 2. That's the point I'm trying to make. These threads would not keep cluttering up the popular topic thread if this wasn't the trend here.

Zarkun
Dacder
Ravens
Mecha
Morph
Warhawk
Jester
Markus
smylez
Slnder

2 people account for 14 of the posts just on page 1. That's the point I'm trying to make. These threads would not keep cluttering up the popular topic thread if this wasn't the trend here.
Welp, Blizz gave us this forum to RP in, so we're gonna RP in it. Sorry, but that's how it's going to be.
I reinstate, others ignore us, why can't you? You know, I love that a Diamond player clearly finds us to be nerds when he really shouldn't talk. Take your QQ back to GD where they actually care what you're saying.
01/13/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Zarkun
I reinstate, others ignore us, why can't you? You know, I love that a Diamond player clearly finds us to be nerds when he really shouldn't talk. Take your QQ back to GD where they actually care what you're saying.

We're all nerds here. If we weren't, we wouldn't be here. I don't think I am superior to you guys in any way that actually matters on the internet.
Then why not come in here and find out why we have fun? We don't even try to make it onto the popular threads, it just happens, same as any thread. Give us a chance before you complain at least.
*sigh* dude the popular threads are usually at the top of the section. We are not going to slow down due to a few people who have such a great sense of self entitlement that they go to us an whine to stop posting just because they cant spare a few extra seconds of his life. What are you going to make us do. Whine to Blizz since they allow Joeyray threads to hit the top, we are the ones just chatting/RPing. Anyways I tried using pop topics for general but all the threads are a stupid idea and people BMing and flaming OR somoene crying "INFESTORS OPPPPPPPPPPPP"
01/13/2013 05:44 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
*sigh* dude the popular threads are usually at the top of the section. We are not going to slow down due to a few people who have such a great sense of self entitlement that they go to us an whine to stop posting just because they cant spare a few extra seconds of his life. What are you going to make us do. Whine to Blizz since they allow Joeyray threads to hit the top, we are the ones just chatting/RPing. Anyways I tried using pop topics for general but all the threads are a stupid idea and people BMing and flaming OR somoene crying "INFESTORS OPPPPPPPPPPPP"

Mecha, what did I say in the bar? Seriously. Ignore our catling friend here. Just, give us a chance, eh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koro_(medicine) <---- this
01/13/2013 05:44 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah

Popular topics are where people look for the latest news and discussion regarding the game. 4-5 people shouldn't be hogging space there because they spam non-game related make believe story telling. Thats all I'm saying.

The same would apply to General Discussion topics as well. 4-5 people spamming nonsense (no offense meant here) shouldn't equate to real-estate on the front page regardless of their forum title of choice.

This idea isn't new. Other SC2 related sites outright ban people for spamming. It just seems to me that an Instant messenger would be a cool place to do this kind of stuff. Even more so since its a really small group of people who are responsible for the longevity of this magic make believe stuff.

Even better, since there's only a few of you who really seem into it hardcore, you could skype/mumble/teamspeak/etc. Then you could create funny voices while you pretend to be ficitional characters playing out a make believe scenario. That sounds like fun, right? Then everyone can be happy :D
Except this isn't spamming. This is Personal RolePlay, where the thread creator runs a business and people come buy and sell things. Honestly, before you complain, and I know you'll ignore me again, partake. Hell, I see a useful thread up there once every three months.
01/13/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Zarkun
Except this isn't spamming. This is Personal RolePlay, where the thread creator runs a business and people come buy and sell things. Honestly, before you complain, and I know you'll ignore me again, partake. Hell, I see a useful thread up there once every three months.

Not ignoring you. I just have no interest in this beyond what I've already expressed.
Then please leave.
The thing is Joeyrays is REALLY easy for people to get it and Roleplay. Not all of use have Skype and we are not those kind of Roleplayers. Most RP sites have you give all this !@#$ and arent very good but with Joeyrays if you play starcraft you can come in.

Simply put, Joeyrays is easier to use for RPing.
We are the peaceful denizens of JoeyRay's. We have no quarrel with any person. Yet time and time again, people from the General Discussion or the wide Void of Ignorance come here to assault us in their sheer hatred of peace and creativity. We must rise up, JoeyRayers! Rise up! Let us sally forth once more as in olden days and crush the enemy, showing once more what happens when you mess with peace. Peace gets violent!

By the way, you do realize you are helping to keep this thread on the Pop Topics by posting here, correct? Also keep in mind:

• If we were evil, we wouldn't listen to you, because we would be jerks.
  • If we were in the right, we still wouldn't listen because it would be foolish to submit to one person's whining.
  • Have a nice day. I hope you will reconsider your initial judgement.
    01/13/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Zarkun
    {Bring her in closer.} The Unending Death moves in closer and stops. I point to it. "That close enough?"

I do believe my ship needs to be addressed.
    NO KO. Bad Roach thing BAD. They will just come and troll us and many General discussioners are nice people. You really think this one douchebag represents all of General......
    I strongly doubt he's from GD, but you need to let it go. I doubt he's even reading this anymore. Hell, you need to learn to use Logic and not names and cause words.
    What you may not realize is that this has happened before. In an organized manner. En masse.

Not to mention the legions of "Anti JoeyRay's Whine Threads" posted on the General Discussion, some of which were followed up by trolling runs, and even one attempt to Conquer the Bar (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7004043650).