Thor 1/1/1 Need help

Protoss Discussion
http://drop.sc/292257

What could I have done?

At the end I should have had sentries to forcefield but I don't think it would have mattered with that amount of banshees, I also thought he was doing a 1 base so my tech etc was late.
Well I would say for sure when you see an entrenched front like that don't attack into it, he took minimal losses from that assault and it was downhill. Just cannon up your minerals with a few cannons and power up to HTs. HT's with Storm/Feedback or just Archons would do well. Also you can place observers further back from his bunkers so he cannot easily snipe them.

One more final thing. The 1/1/1 refers to a specific 1-base strategy, he expanded. Not every terran build order that has Barracks, Factories, and Starports are 1/1/1s.

My thoughts anyways..
Kinda funky terran build, but I have seen it before.

Robo is good for observers if the terran goes for cloak on his banshees.

Otherwise, I go for templar with storm. Storm to kill his marines, which he will have quite a few off because that will be his mineral sink while all his gas goes into the thors and banshees.

Lots of templar plus chargelots - and feedback takes care of the banshees and softens up the thors for the chargelots. Just a handful of stalkers as needed to clean up the damaged banshees.

Templar w/ storm is also effective against terrans that do Thor with SCV pull as you can feedback the thor and storm the repairing SCV's.

In mass banshee gimmicky playing terrans, feedback and templar is only good for so long - eventually the banshee numbers will be too much, and you won't have enough templar or gas. In cases of 4 starport or more banshee, Phoenix are needed from a stargate.
Well I would say for sure when you see an entrenched front like that don't attack into it, he took minimal losses from that assault and it was downhill. Just cannon up your minerals with a few cannons and power up to HTs. HT's with Storm/Feedback or just Archons would do well. Also you can place observers further back from his bunkers so he cannot easily snipe them.

One more final thing. The 1/1/1 refers to a specific 1-base strategy, he expanded. Not every terran build order that has Barracks, Factories, and Starports are 1/1/1s.

My thoughts anyways..

There are one (all-in types) and two base (macro-type) 1/1/1s. I would say it's the name refers to a non-specific group of Terran opening with one each of rax/factory/starport and has a non-specific mix of units including every unit except possibly BC and Reaper.

This appear to be the Hammer version with Thor, banshee, raven, and marines. He has said that what he most struggles with is HTs and immortals in the Protoss army.