Warp Gate Timing

Protoss Discussion
Hello all, I am fairly new to the game, having just gotten into it over the summer. I play a couple months with a partner but they had life stuff to deal with and stopped playing, which in turn made me stop playing for a long while. I wanna pick the game back up again, and I have a small question about Protoss: What is the ideal in-game time that warp gate should be finished by?
In PvP if you build it at 12 supply and constantly chronoboost it, it finishes at 5:45 which is a 4-gate timing.

A more normal time is 13-gate, and start warpgate when the cybernetics core finishes. Without chronoboost it finishes at around 6:30

In PvZ off a FFE I believe you can finish it around 7:30 for a 7-gate. Parting's immortal/sentry all-in delays warpgate so you won't get it till after 8 minutes.
01/22/2013 06:55 AMPosted by wraithcube
In PvZ off a FFE I believe you can finish it around 7:30 for a 7-gate. Parting's immortal/sentry all-in delays warpgate so you won't get it till after 8 minutes.
In addition, 8 min warpgate is normal for tech builds after FFE, such as Stargate tech, DT tech or Colossi, mostly because you're using gas on +1 weapons, the tech structure and warpgate is less of a priority so you tend to get it last and use less chronoboost on it, unless you scout an all-in, whereby you are making more cannons and sentries while using chrono on warpgate and adding more gates.
If you're talking about a warp gate rush then it can be done around 5:30 if you drop a 9 or a 10 gate. 12 gate should be the latest you ever go for a warp gate rush. Anything later and it's not much of a surprise any longer.