The Outbreak: Revived (Part II)

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
Prev 1 7 8 9 17 Next
I shake my head. "No, they used you as test subjects, to test their killing efficiency. I knew the Confederacy was messed up, but this...this is just wrong..."
"And you said I took it too far... This is now officially a f*cked up mission. Let's get the hell out of here..."
"We need to make sure everyone we can save possible."
I sigh. "I guess. Lets go."
"Wait, the bridge has a list and status of everyone on the ship. It would count the infected as dead, so if we check it, we can find all the survivors and their locations."
I check the logs. "6 alive. 2 marines the rest are engineering. They are holed up in the engine-room."
"Great, deeper into this hell hole. They have a central breading ground or something we should watch for?"
"We'll they seem to like heat. And I think the engine room is pretty hot so... We're pretty much goin into the belly of the beast right now..."
"Wonderful..."
"Ain't it?" I say bringing up my rifle and starting to walk out.
I lead Reavis and Jack out and download a copy of the schematics, setting a way point. "Some days they don't pay me enough..."
William stood on the side lines watching the events unfold. Inner conflict tore him apart. Half of him wanted to put a bullet in Korozain's head for torturing the admiral. The other half wanted to thank him. He couldn't stop the overwhelming emotion that the Confederacy had betrayed them, assuming Korozain hadn't just lied through his teeth.

Finally, the group began to head out, but William was frozen. He looked down at the Admirals body, then ran up to it and fired a round into his head. A nasty sneer was on his face unlike any other expression he's ever had. William let out a ear splitting war cry and continued pulling the trigger until the slide locked back. Even though the hammer didn't budge, that didn't stop William from pulling the trigger several more times while the gun was aimed at the Admiral's head.

William pondered his actions. Why did he do such a thing? Was it to end his pain? Or cause more? With empty eyes he fought with himself which one it was. A cold emotion filled him to the brim with sadness, anger, strife and pity.

Finally, William slapped his last magazine in his pistol and used every ounce of energy he had to take a step. It wasn't enough and William found himself swaying back and forth slightly as he tried to move.
I stop. I feel his thoughts, his dismay, his confusion.

"William." I put a hand on his shoulder. "Here's another magazine..." I hand him another mag for his pistol.
"But before you turn his mushed brain, and now mushed head into more lead-flesh mush. Think about it. Will wasting rounds do anything? Will thinking that I may have betrayed my superiors do anything? No. It won't. You're head is full of thoughts, half of which I think are somewhat foolish, but the main thing I should say here is:

Get. The f*ck. Over it. This guy was just like any politician or high ranking officer. A terrible man, and a liar. And a weakling. You can unload that last mag into him again, and be as cruel as he was. Or you can keep moving, and survive like the rest of us."

I holster my rifle, and start playing with a black butterfly knife.
I shake my head. Not the first time I've seen it happen, won't be the last. Still, I guess things could have gone worse and he could have shot one of us...
"You don't understand." William said, looking at Korozain, "You're a ghost. You don't feel, you don't care and worst of all." He paused and looked down at the man, "You have no mercy."

William drilled Korozain, "Mercy is what separates us from them!" He screamed, gesturing to a dead 'zerg' as he learned they were recently called. William looked back at the body.

"No matter how much of a scumbag, he was still human, he still made mistakes." He looked back at Korozain, a sign of disgust in his eyes.

"And you killed him for it." William glanced at the group that blindly followed the ghost, then back at Korozain, "You brutally, mercilessly, inhumanely, tortured him to death."

"What makes you better then them?" He asked, taking a step closer to Korozain.

William had decided how he felt about the situation. Even if the confederacy had betrayed them all, even if the zerg were more terrible then ever imagined, Korozain was no better.
I step between William and Korozain. "Think about it. I've already told you there's a kill team here with a Ghost even more emotionless than him. We spared him a fate worse than death."
"We exchanged one tortured death for another!" He yelled at Jake. William turned back to Korozain and jabbed a finger in his face, all while gently pushing Jake shoulder.

"You Ghosts are all the same!"

His quarrel wasn't with Jake nor did he want it to be. Jake seemed like a respectable man, this Ghost was almost worse then the zerg.
William finds an armored fist, my armored fist, connect with his face. "First off, the next time you call a Marine a Ghost, I might not be so nice. Second, you don't know that Admiral's history. Bribes to turn his back on drug and prostitution rings, partaking of the prostitution himself, and those are just what I'm allowed to see. He was a horrible person, and if you'd noticed Jane, there were far worse things than what Korozain did, even if I disagree with it."

OOC: Jake. First person is Jake.
"While what pretty much all of what you say is true. I will choose to disregard it because right now, you're speaking with emotion, you are speaking without direction. And thought without direction isn't really thinking. It's reacting, and reacting doesnt gt you through war. Proacting does, and if you don't start doing that, you'll end up like our little friend here.

Except not at my hands." I say to William, trying not to stomp on his face for trying to make me feel bad about what I did.
Zarkun, that second part was aimed at Korozain. William was calling Korozain a despicable ghost, not Jake. Don't know if that changes anything.

IC(Assuming Jake did strike William):

William was taken back by the blow. He hadn't expected it from him. Looking around at everyone he realized that he was the only sane one. All the others put survival over anything else. Dignity, loyalty, honor. They had put it all on the shelf to save themselves.

William drilled Jake, then Korozain.

"I may be speaking with emotion, but I speak truthfully. There is a fine line between justice and vengeance, you did neither. You mindlessly tortured and slaughtered without pity. You are a murderer, even if he deserved it!"

A cold chill went down his spine when he realized that if he was right, Korozain would kill him because he was slowing them down. If he was wrong, he deserved to die for slowing them down. Either way, William's hope drained from his face.

IC(Assuming Jake didn't strike him):

William drilled Jake, then Korozain.

"I may be speaking with emotion, but I speak truthfully. There is a fine line between justice and vengeance, you did neither. You mindlessly tortured and slaughtered without pity. You are a murderer, even if he deserved it!"

A cold chill went down his spine when he realized, if he was right, Korozain would kill him because he was slowing them down. If he was wrong, he deserved to die for slowing them down. Either way, William's hope drained from his face.