HOTS Game client version mismatch...

Technical Support
01/25/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Velnrak
"Game client version mismatch with selected region"

I am also getting the "Game client version mismatch with selected region" message, and cannot log in to HOTS. WOL is working fine.

Ok, just to be thorough, after this message comes up, do you click Ok, and try to log into the HotS beta again?

Also, could you screenshot this error message and post it?

Apparently there are two different error messages people are reporting in this thread. I am getting the same error message OscarWilde referenced/posted, here: http://imgur.com/RSB9aE3.

Something's changed. Now I am able to login on the second attempt, after the error, as you suggest. As of Friday, I could not. The error would continue to occur after a short ~1 min. screen freeze. I'm logged into the beta now. Nice work!
I'm getting this error every day too, but it usually works the second or sometimes third time I try to log in on both WoL EU, NA, and HotS NA.

I have separate EU and NA accounts and clients, and the HotS beta client, all separate.

It's irritating, but like I said it does work after a couple/few attempts.
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-482539818-2880572447-206909069-1001\Software\Blizzard Entertainment

This worked, cheers buddy. WP!
/Users/eunsooknam/Desktop/Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 7.50.03 PM.png

Above this is a picture that is 100% updated
/Users/eunsooknam/Desktop/Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 7.52.01 PM.png

I tried to log and press OK. Did not work still.
/Users/eunsooknam/Desktop/Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 7.50.03 PM.png

Above this is a picture that is 100% updated
/Users/eunsooknam/Desktop/Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 7.52.01 PM.png

I tried to log and press OK. Did not work still.
took me 10 minutes to figure out.. not hard guys and it worked! for both wol and hots :) thank you Dark
Ok guys I deleted the registry file... did nothing, but I deleted the file "regions" in my sc2 beta file directory and then the game worked!! please try this everyone who is having the issue.
Deleting registry files did nothing for me, and I deleted both Blizzard Entertainment under USER and USERCURRENT.
Well I can get SC2 back working but the Beta is a no go. Region error over and over despite deleting the registry.
there is no registery in my registry editor under this it just says value not set
ive seen this solution quite a few times it dosnt always work
I am getting the region mismatch also.
just tried downloading the client today as I had just seen that I had beta access in my battlenet acct.

tried logging in, then again and again with no effect.

that registry is not even in my registry either.
DarK, thanks for your suggestion. I went into my Registry Editor and deleted the HKEY_USER/.../StarCraft II Beta folder as well as it's HKEY_CURRENT_USER counterpart. The initial 'game registry' error went away, but the login region error persists. I appreciate your workaround, but I don't know enough about this stuff.
Same problem here game mismatch with selected region.
worked ty my good sir

I found a solution. It's tied to the registry as I thought, after all why would this only happen after WoL was launched?

Deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment had no effect. Surprising. I found this duplicated elsewhere in my registry:

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-482539818-2880572447-206909069-1001\Software\Blizzard Entertainment

Your numbers might be different, in with case just search 'Blizzard' until you find it.

Deleting this, I can now start HOTS and I see the 'Account 1/2' selection again.

Here's an export of the faulty registry data for Blizz:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uadso46yvub7154
Is there something similar to this registry fix for mac users?