Team Derp UNITE!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Gentlemen, sorry for the late derping. What is our derp against the other derps, particularly team Alpha-derp? What is the derp that we will be utilizing so that we emerge as derpers?
02/01/2013 08:35 AMPosted by supaflyz
Gentlemen, sorry for the late derping. What is our derp against the other derps, particularly team Alpha-derp? What is the derp that we will be utilizing so that we emerge as derpers?
The plan is to win every game.

DURRRR!!!!
02/01/2013 09:10 AMPosted by SwansGoMoo

DURRRR!!!!

That plan is not derp enough. It needs more derp so that it is worthy of our derpy Team Derp.
02/01/2013 09:13 AMPosted by supaflyz
That plan is not derp enough. It needs more derp so that it is worthy of our derpy Team Derp.

Of course that's not derp enough! Do you think we would post our winning derp so that all the other derps from the other team could come and steal it? Don't discuss derp in derping public! Rule number 1!

DUURRRR!

DURRRR!!!!

Deep within enemy territory our units will be sniping off your workers and tech. Ending any hope you had of surviving afterwards, our main armies will come crushing down on your walls. Retreating will only delay the inevitable as our forces set out to flank you from all sides. Perhaps the last thing you'll hear before fading into oblivion is: DURRR!!!!!
01/31/2013 07:35 AMPosted by wraithcube
Oh and thanks for the HOTS replay fencar. Though I have to say I don't like a lot of the decisions the protoss made such as the double-stargate for mass phoenix production, or transforming every templar into an archon rather than saving a couple for storms. Not to mention the sheer number of DTs he just threw away.
Sorry, I thought you were Terran. Here's another replay: http://drop.sc/301293

The Protoss wins this one pretty handily, despite me getting a huge advantage early. His play is pretty good, though he does lose a lot of engagements; split your Templar with at least a couple in the back waiting to come in to fire off some more Psi Storms, and remember to storm the Vikings!

I'm not confident in my ability to analyse replays from the Protoss' perspective, but I do know that it should be fairly easy to scout a lack of units or late tech from the Terran if not a third command center, and decide that he went for fast 3CC.
Derp has been my clan name on Call of Duty for like 3 years. I approve of your team name obviously. Derps never say die...or was that goonies?
02/01/2013 05:48 PMPosted by WingNut
Derps never say die...or was that goonies?

Ms. Frizzle.
First points on the board for Derp.

Just doing my durrrrrr....
First points on the board for Derp.

Just doing my durrrrrr....

WOOT!
Hey SwansGoMoo and/or wraithcube, would either of you guys be up for a few games sometime?

And wraithcube, to [partially] answer your previous question about pvt, you are mostly blind in that time period. This was shown by Rain vs Bogus in proleague, and Rain stated that he lost because he had no chance to scout Bogus' 3cc opening. One way to scout this is with pressure. Using the 1 gate fe into 3 gate pressure build gives you a really strong attack, and you are more safe versus his 4 rax stim timings. It also gives you a possibility of forcing a lift if he does not defend with enough bunkers or scv's. And the information you gain from the attack can help you identify their build. A less committal example of this is putting 1-3 stalkers in front of their base. You can kite marines effectively, and basically take map control, since he knows he will lose a few marines if he tries to move out. The problem is that you have to be really aware all the time, because it's really bad for you if he sneaks up on your stalkers and kills them. But using them, you can scout a 4 rax stim timing, so it is worth it, just be careful!

Also, your build probably has a way to respond to a 3 cc double ebay opening. You ought to see it once your observer gets to their base (if you weren't opening with 3 gate pressure, which deals with it in different ways, potentially even straight-up winning). If you openened colossi, you can try to 2 base colossi all-in them (HerO vs Taeja from Dreamhack Winter 2012 (I think on Metropolis? not sure though), one of the games had HerO using a 2 base colossus all in after scouting a 3 cc and winning). Alternatively, you can cut a few gateways to expand to a third base yourself. On even expansion timings, protoss tends to be a little ahead of terran, so it's ok if your economy is a little behind (it's common knowledge that protoss usually expands once they see terran expand to their third). If your build has double forge, that is good because you can pass them in upgrades with chronoboost, or at least keep up. If you opened colossi with 2 forges, you could probably take a third base off of 4-5 gates and be ok. If you did colossi with 1 forge, either expand and add a forge or do an all-in. If you opened templars, just expand off of 5 gates. You might be a little behind, but not enough to lose the game automatically.

Be warned that if they do go 3cc, their army isn't very smaller than if they had played standard by the time the medivacs hit. They can hit the same medivac pressure, just one minute later. IIRC by the 14 minute mark, their army is just as strong as if they had opened standard medivac pressure off of two bases, but with stronger economy. After that, they have a larger army.

You can counter the 3cc and most other terran builds with a challenging style of play, the 2 base 4 gate pressure into fast 3 base build. It requires clean timings, micro, and great macro, but if you do it, you are even with 3 cc and ahead of other 2 base openings.

TL guide:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=312133
02/02/2013 11:40 PMPosted by Trfel
Hey SwansGoMoo and/or wraithcube, would either of you guys be up for a few games sometime?
Of course. Find me in one of the many chat rooms (forum league, Team Derp, Ghuldor Bacon, etc.) or just add me SwansGoMoo.615
We're winning! :D
SwansGoMooooooooooo, come out to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
02/03/2013 06:45 AMPosted by supaflyz
SwansGoMooooooooooo, come out to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
In a bit - I have a pile of homework that needs doing :/
02/02/2013 11:40 PMPosted by Trfel

Yeah, I'm usuall on quite a bit. Probably not today though as I'm hosting a party for superbowl sunday.
Yo! the scariest bronze guy of all time reporting in!!!!!
I'll see my team on tonight at 6:00 cst, see ya guys then!