Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 19)

Joeyray's Bar
Post Limit:
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
The weapon fires as xer vanishes, taking off his leg. "That looked painful."
Digger rounds the hall corner and barrels into Zarkun, spending him across the room. Digger barrels through the rest of the room (somehow missing all the tables and chairs) and rockets out the front door.

Cazil floats to Zarkun. Zarkun slides to the floor as Cazil begins to speak. "It is not honorable to shoot a retreating enemy, to say nothing of a retreating friend. Perhaps you are suffering from that thing humans call karma."
"I didn't shoot him! I even warned him!" Standing up, I pop my neck and shoulders. "I swear, the misinterpretation that happens in here."
God damn beta not installing.......... FLIP DA TABLES!!!!!!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Guys, I will not be on for part of the day, visiting the ol' folks. Just letting y'all know.
I look at Cazil with a grin, and raise up my drink. "Long time no see, old friend~"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgg4woEI7A

even though I hate Terrans I love this song. This for you Zarkun
Since everyone is linking stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5lqUqceVw

Smart people talking about video games. This was not the best one I watched, but it applies most to SC2.
I have often considered the idea of an MMORTS... a good one, not the ones we have now. I have had a few ideas on the subject that I think are excellent.
Hey guys,

I think I'm going to speed up the ending of OotFP. It has done it's job in breaking my terrible DM reputation and now i'm ready to start a RP that I actually have to put some thought into.

The only question that presents itself is whether or not I want it to take place in Separatist Space. In my opinion, it would be better if it took place in SS, but I feel you would all go berserk, then run to the hills. FYI, if I am to EVER do any kind of ANYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with SS, you will only be able to control 1-2 characters of your custom race. There will also be little to no political aspect.

Just looking for your opinion here, I would prefer to do something at least in Separatist Space, but I totally understand if you guys feel I am not ready. In which case, I will just make another RP I have in mind... >:)

Also, if you're okay with a SS redux of some sort, what would be your preferred kind of RP? Political? War-based? Survival? Horror? etc. I'm thinking a squad/chain of command based RP so that the direction of the RP is still in the hands of the RPers.

What I mean by squad/chain of command based RP is much like KO's "Reaper," but the characters higher up the chain of command actually plan everything rather then the DM just giving you the plans. Then the characters that are lower on the chain of command would have to go and actually execute the mission while those higher on the chain of command act as mission control.
I'd be OK with an SS redux, but maybe with a limited number of Races, like one or two. I myself will just use Zack.
I don't think I will limit the number of races, but the control of races. You can have a custom race, but you can't control it unless asked by a DM or He/She/It is a character that I've approved of. I think that should do the trick.

Also, if you're okay with a SS redux of some sort, what would be your preferred kind of RP? Political? War-based? Survival? Horror? etc. I'm thinking a squad/chain of command based RP so that the direction of the RP is still in the hands of the RPers.

What I mean by squad/chain of command based RP is much like KO's "Reaper," but the characters higher up the chain of command actually plan everything rather then the DM just giving you the plans. Then the characters that are lower on the chain of command would have to go and actually execute the mission while those higher on the chain of command act as mission control.
I'd say something like the original SS, but with a limit. Most everyone I've talked to would be willing to redo SS if you limit custom races. The issue last time was that you had a bunch of people with these tough races that could dominate the BP, regardless of your plans. They were lenient, but just barely. Truthfully, we're OK with you being a slightly tougher DM, but you can't simply deny subplots because they deviate from the main plot. That's the purpose of a subplot, is the characters do something not a part of the main plot. But, that's my two cents.
Your two cents are worth a lot more then two cents to me! Thanks, Zarkun! I know, I have a burning passion hate against sideplots... I need to be more accepting about them...
Subplots help with character development. If it wasn't for subplots, there wouldn't be as much known about Zack as there is now. So you see how Subplots help?
Yeah, Yeah I see how they help. It just happens to be one of my pet peeves when the sub-plot takes over the main plot. (See Reaper xD)
That wasn't a subplot taking over the main plot. That was me and SB keeping thr RP alive. Trust me, there's a difference.
And... Now Zack is killing the main guy? Sound's like a taking-over-of-plot to me.
Actually, Zack is both taking vengeance and following orders. Not, in any way, jacking the main plot. In fact, the ultimate shut down and destruction of the facility was going to happen anyways, along with the Doctor's death. If it were a take over, why would I bother going back to the station?
I'd love to see an SS redux with some restriction on the races. I have been thinking of making a new char from Erini that I sorta introduced right before SS closed ... might just use a human or Mozan ...