I can't beat zerg anymore

Protoss Discussion
I am a casual player in gold league and i can not beat zerg to save my life! PvT is just zealot archons and you win. PvP is 4 gate and you win. PvZ is well...a little more complicated. Whether it be 6 pool, mutas, BL, Roaches, everything they have just seems so strong. I do ffe and can usually hold off early lings but not always. My ffe is a little weak to be honest.

I need a new build. One that i can get good at and win almost every PvZ.

Any tips?
Well, the FOTM is still the immortal/sentry all-in. Although, I've been doing worse against Zerg since I tried to learn it, wish I'm sure would come as a shock in the Zerg forum. :)
Immortal sentry is one that works.

However, be aware that do to the current metagame many zergs are experimenting doing with unorthodox play that will punish the toss early, before he gets to the money mix at 9:30.

Zerg has many options against protoss, and I think PvZ is currently the best matchup in the game as it requires a lot of back and forth. and scouting. and there is a lot of reactionary play. However, that means that there's not really one build you can do all the time and win.

disclaimer: unless you were parting a few months ago.
01/28/2013 07:07 AMPosted by WNxTossren
PvT is just zealot archons and you win. PvP is 4 gate and you win.

I hate to tell you this, but these will both stop working once you get up higher in leagues.

Forge fast expand is the safest and versatile opening in PvZ which is why its standard. Gateway expands all have some glaring weaknesses, but can metagame an opponent pretty hard.

Immortal/sentry all-in is the best timing attack to date. Otherwise you are looking an immortal sentry exand into a 15-16 minute 3-base timing attack with a near maxed army.
The other option is opening with some kind of stargate pressure into a 2 or 3 base attack.

There isn't a build that just wins a majority of the time or you'd see people complaining about it. A lot. (well immortal sentry all-in does win quite a bit)
Just do sidewinders FFE mothership expand. Most zerg expect an immortal sentry all in, they however do not expect you to sit on your !@# and macro into a skytoss for 20 minutes.
I'm new to Protoss (have about 1500 games as terran) but I've been winning fairly often in Gold league with FFE -> DT harass (I just make four and split them up, 1 or 2 to each base)-> Mothership expand. It sounds weird, but it's a really fun win and a lot of Zerg players don't expect a couple of DTs into skytoss.

I think the reason why more gold league protoss players botch the DT lay is this: they keep all of their DTs together. But one DT in a mineral line stops mining just as well as 4 does.

I do get the early robo and some Immortals and Sentries up. the DTs don't hit early, usually around 8 min... too late for a DT rush.

A little meta-gamey? for sure. A lot of fun? indubitably!
If you know what to counter, Scout the hell out of him. In PvZ, scouting is your most valuable asset next to Sentries. If you know what he's making, then you know what to do against him. That's really how PvZ works.

Also, if it's 13 minutes into the game and he hasn't created an Overseer nor Spore Cannons, hide a Dark Shrine and rip his economy/army apart.
I am a casual player in gold league and i can not beat zerg to save my life! PvT is just zealot archons and you win. PvP is 4 gate and you win. PvZ is well...a little more complicated. Whether it be 6 pool, mutas, BL, Roaches, everything they have just seems so strong. I do ffe and can usually hold off early lings but not always. My ffe is a little weak to be honest.

I need a new build. One that i can get good at and win almost every PvZ.

Any tips?

If you are around tonight, I can go over some things w/ you. PvZ is by far my best matchup.

Which is why I love my zergling portrait :-) reminds me of all the Zerg tears.
Alright i read these and they sound good. Thanks for the help!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=344421

try this build, you can prob get to gm vs zerg with it.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=344421

try this build, you can prob get to gm vs zerg with it.

Takes some micro and hitting timings, but a Zerg in th current meta will get crushed by it :)
Zerg is easy actually, harass is the key to win, you have to kill as many drones as possible in their expansions. because if you let zerg macro comfortably, you're screwwed. This is if you want to go against a zerg with macro.

but if you really want to just beat them all the time, one base immortal sentry all in. which is boring. zerg is weak in the early game. they have almost nothing in the beginning and can't wall.

Immortal sentry drop their main, kill roach warren, wall off entry, warp in a bunch of zealots, you win. don't forget plus 1 attack.

The terrans, now thats what you have to worry about, they are hard as FUKKK to beat.

I'm gold btw.
01/28/2013 07:07 AMPosted by WNxTossren
Whether it be 6 pool, mutas, BL, Roaches, everything they have just seems so strong

please post a replay of each of these if you can, I'll bet we can refine your build/mechanics so you'll never lose to these again.
Immortal all-in: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_Immortal_All-In_%28vs._Zerg%29

7 gate blink +2: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_Blink_%2B2_%28vs._Zerg%29

These are really solid PvZ builds that you can employ all the way to masters.
vs zerg, you need sentries. Simple as that. watch RooTLeYia's stream on twitch.. i think its #puckk2012 or something, you can see when the streams up @ www.teamliquid.net

honestly, one of the most underrated protoss players in NA