Dealing with Terran questions.

Protoss Discussion
Since I've been bumped to platinum I've faced a whole new lot of terrans where I can't just wait until 10 thwart the attack and and see how it goes from there. For some reason there is a massive shift from gold to plat.

So what I do now is gate/core/gas expand into fast collosus have around 5 gates by 10 keep 5 stalkers on a cliff to twart drops and keep an army at the front.

I am now stuck with a decision, I want to expand but I wait for the attack to finish before I do though. Now I generally have two collosus at this point and a mediocre army.

My question is at this point, do I attack, or do I turtle. I really like being aggressive but if I am cost inefficient, the terran drops me the rest of the game or counter swings and I die. If I turtle, he drops me endlessly and hits me with a 2/2 viking timing. Or I move out look away for a second and my army suddenly decides it wants to do a magic trick and spawn a Terran army and die.

So I really want to know, what do I do, how do I do it, and when. I don't have a set build so if someone knows of a build or structure that would help.
People in Plat can execute a 10 minute medivac push?? That's pretty impressive.

You want to turtle first.

Have 6 stalkers in your main. That will 2-shot a medivac, and you can always warp in more units if needed. Colosi are really good at first, because their range allows to pretty much cover both main and natural. Get rid of the 10-minute attack, mass an army and attack. Obviously would be nice to synchronize it with upgrade timing.

The thing about colosi though, terrans can quickly mass vikings. And to counteract vikings you need stalkers, which suck against MMM ball. People usually get colosi to force vikings, but then do a HARD switch to storms.

I usually have 2 colosi in the open. But once I know terrans saw vikings, I instantly start techinng to storms. Colosi are countered way too easily.

You want to turtle first.

Have 6 stalkers in your main. That will 2-shot a medivac, and you can always warp in more units if needed. Colosi are really good at first, because their range allows to pretty much cover both main and natural. Get rid of the 10-minute attack, mass an army and attack. Obviously would be nice to synchronize it with upgrade timing.

The thing about colosi though, terrans can quickly mass vikings. And to counteract vikings you need stalkers, which suck against MMM ball. People usually get colosi to force vikings, but then do a HARD switch to storms.

I usually have 2 colosi in the open. But once I know terrans saw vikings, I instantly start techinng to storms. Colosi are countered way too easily.

Yea they were doing it in silver. They must watch a lot of day 9

Thanks for the help I'll take it into account. :D
01/29/2013 08:44 AMPosted by VELL

If you can execute the first 10 minutes well you'll get into platinum. If you can execute the next 5 minutes well you'll get into diamond. If you can execute the next 15 minutes well you'll get into masters.
01/29/2013 08:44 AMPosted by VELL

Oh yes. And by high Plat it'll usually be 1 in the front and 1 in the back.
01/30/2013 01:23 PMPosted by BlackAdder
it'll usually be 1 in the front and 1 in the back.

Giggity
01/30/2013 03:33 PMPosted by OafLoaF
it'll usually be 1 in the front and 1 in the back.

Giggity

:D