Spawn Larva

Zerg Discussion
Hey, I'm a protoss player, so don't rage and say I'm biased about this first thing, should
Spawn larva be free? As its more of a production thing rather than a utility I feel like it shouldn't cost energy or would it make the healing thing too op?

And about the fungal thing, my take on it is that it should be instant, and be a slow like marauder and but reduce the range a bit, I also feel like Viking range shouldn't be so high so I don't like to blink my stalkers into an army so my colossus don't die. Anyway tell me what you guys thing.
On my iPhone, the auto-correct feature makes me feel like a dumbass for all those mistakes.
I think larvae injects are fine the way they are. A queen regenerates 23 energy during the time of 1 inject, and the vast majority of starcraft players are not perfect at injects, and will miss 1 here or there. So energy builds up a tiny bit and boom, infinite instant injects.

Energy isn't an issue on queens (1 queen on 1 hatch anyway), so production shouldn't ever falter. After that, Queen energy is a nice gauge of macro for zerg, as well as keeping Transfuse from being spammable. Trust me, you don't want that haha. QUEENS TAKE INFINITE DAMAGE!
If it was free then you'd be able to both creep spread and inject. That sounds like it would be insanely OP. I think the infestor is probably good where it is now, and it sounds like it isn't used as much in HotS anyway.

As for the Vikings, Terran absolutely needs Vikings to engage Colossus. If they don't have the viking count then they auto-lose to Colossus. You have 9 range colossus (with upgrade) they have 9 range vikings.
01/28/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Rathelm
If it was free then you'd be able to both creep spread and inject. That sounds like it would be insanely OP.

The creep spread wouldnt be much of a thing either I dont think. It would go much faster for sure, but a team of queens spreading creep get it done pretty quick anyway. And a queen who is injecting is probably not spreading a whole lotta creep.

Or I am just bad and should be spreading more creep. lol!
Yeah creep spread is a huge deal. It'll win you games. The further your creep is out the longer it takes for you to be attacked. Terran has to be careful as they can't siege and unsiege all willy-nilly and protoss has to be really vigilant with FF. Its permanent vision which is the most valuable thing in this game.
01/28/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Rathelm
Yeah creep spread is a huge deal. It'll win you games. The further your creep is out the longer it takes for you to be attacked. Terran has to be careful as they can't siege and unsiege all willy-nilly and protoss has to be really vigilant with FF. Its permanent vision which is the most valuable thing in this game.

I understand all of that, and obviously I need to work on my creep spread. My (poor) gameplay aside though, I dont think that what the poster suggests would be OP because of creep spread. If someone is really on the ball spreading creep it will go faster, but for someone like me whose macro slips up often it won't change anything at all. My creep spreading team generally has a surplus of energy because I forget to spend it, and I guarantee I am not the only person who forgets this. I play golds all the time who barely spread creep at all. Even the handful of platnum players I've played aren't necessarily on the ball with it.

I just don't think it would be a megabuff because of injects or creep spread. I think the spammable Transfuse would be ridiculous, but I feel like injects and creep spread are something that good macro will do more to speed up for most people than 0 energy cost on the casts.
The game is balanced for the high end not the low end. So it would be a big deal for pro players.
01/28/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Rathelm
The game is balanced for the high end not the low end. So it would be a big deal for pro players.

I am not convinced, but that's not exactly a statement I can refute with no experience at that level.