StarCraft FPS coming Feb 2013! (trailer)

Off Topic Dicussion
Terrans vs Zergs (includes marines, zerglings, hydralisks, and even an Ultralisk at the end!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qzLKY8eWW8I#!
Aliens != StarCraft

But I'm still excited...

Xenos and American Marines. Not starcraft.
Looks coolish though.
left 4 dead reskinned lol

Looks coolish though.
its close enough for me to roleplay it as terrans vs zergs

Looks coolish though.

Have you played Natural Selection 2? If not, you should look it up on Steam.

Looks coolish though.

Gotta repeat HeReTiC, NS2 is basically a TvZ, except most of the players (there is an actual commander) play as a basic marine and zergling. You can use in-match cash to upgrade to things like mutalisks and even an ultralisk as aliens, and buy more weapons as marines. It is really fun (though hard). I have played about 150 hours of it, and don't intend to stop until HotS hits. There are even mods that make the infestation look basically exactly like creep. It's pretty cool.

I'm glad to hear that you think it's hard after spending so much time on it. I haven't put very much time into it (yet), but from a Terran standpoint it seems that the zergling creatures are way too fast and impossible to shoot and from a Zerg standpoint it seems that you don't have nearly enough health and just die instantly. :|

I do like playing as the mutalisk, though, and sneaking through the vents to snipe lone, unsuspecting marines.

Can't emphasize enough how amazing NS2 is. I think I'm up to 120 hours and I usually hate FPS. I can't aim worth crap, but I'm a good commander and decent at some of the alien lifeforms.

The only annoying part is ending a game can take a very long time. Often times a game is basically decided within the first 3minutes...but it takes another 18 minutes for the winning side to actually end it.
im glad they brought classes for aliens again, when the recent aleins vs pred came out i was pumped for the multiplayer but there where no calsses on the races and only 4 weapons for preds and marines, felt like such a downgrade from AVP 2
I'm glad to hear that you think it's hard after spending so much time on it. I haven't put very much time into it (yet), but from a Terran standpoint it seems that the zergling creatures are way too fast and impossible to shoot and from a Zerg standpoint it seems that you don't have nearly enough health and just die instantly. :|

I do like playing as the mutalisk, though, and sneaking through the vents to snipe lone, unsuspecting marines.

Yeah, I've put about 160 hours into it, and I can still go 2:8 if I'm not careful. Really, it all depends on what servers you play on. The rookie servers are fun, generally more laid back, and easier, but you don't run into troll commanders, bad team mates, and new (like, don't understand what leap is) players on the normal servers. The skill ceiling is just massive with the right group of players, I'm still learning somehow. Also, mod support is awesome.

I don't want to sound like I'm selling the game, but... it's awesome. Just go buy it if you like SC2.