Diablo 3

Off Topic Dicussion
There's a Starter Edition if you want to give it a try before buying it.
I do think that Diablo 3 was a GOOD game. Not great, and definitely not up to Blizzard's usual standards (compare its quality with SC2, for example, and the winner is obvious), but it is a good game, worthy of a playthrough or two. I have something like 200-250 hours clocked into it and I had a lot of fun for most of those hours (pretty much excluding all the hours put into the second half of Act 3, because going down a tower for like 8 levels is "fun"), and I believe I got my money's worth for that.

That said, ti does have some serious flaws (like itemization being boring as !@#$), but with a new game director, who is hopefully more suited to ARPGs than Jay is, the expansion can turn the whole game around and make it worthy of being a Blizzard title.

I was always opposed to the RMAH though, but I guess if it's not there then there's d2jsp. You can't really combat it I guess.
I have to say, even if Jay Wilson may not have been the best game designer for the job, I was honestly shocked by all the hate comments and borderlines death threats the guy received. The worst part was the thing with David Breivik: apparently, smearing Jay Wilson all day long is cool and awesome, but him writing three words on Facebook is heresy. It's like, seriously guys? Could you be *more* hypocritical?

As a customer, I know I shouldn't feel sympathy for big companies (for all we know, the event may have been staged by Blizzard's PR department), but that whole episode disgusted me so much that I ended up pratically vowing to "punish" D2 fanboys by boycotting Torchlight, Path of Exile and other D3 alternatives.

Of course, I eventually got over it, although I'm still looking for a better alternative; I recently gave Torchlight II and Path of Exile another shot, but alas they just aren't doing it for me.
I have to say, even if Jay Wilson may not have been the best game designer for the job, I was honestly shocked by all the hate comments and borderlines death threats the guy received. The worst part was the thing with David Breivik: apparently, smearing Jay Wilson all day long is cool and awesome, but him writing three words on Facebook is heresy. It's like, seriously guys? Could you be *more* hypocritical?

As a customer, I know I shouldn't feel sympathy for big companies (for all we know, the event may have been staged by Blizzard's PR department), but that whole episode disgusted me so much that I ended up pratically vowing to "punish" D2 fanboys by boycotting Torchlight, Path of Exile and other D3 alternatives.

Of course, I eventually got over it, although I'm still looking for a better alternative; I recently gave Torchlight II and Path of Exile another shot, but alas they just aren't doing it for me.

I never really liked the gameplay of PoE. Unless they changed it, the last time I played you could get any ability as any class. Like I was a witch with abilities that would fit a duelist, and that really destroyed the meaning of "class" for me.

I liked Torchlight 2, but it didn't hold my attention past my first playthrough, which I suppose makes it on par with Torchlight 1.
I almost beat Torchlight 1 once, but I gave up around the final dungeons because I was tired of getting one-shot by the freaking Dark Zealots. With TL2 on the horizon, I chose not to persevere.

While still an improvement over its predecessor, Torchlight II ultimately disappointed me so much, I couldn't bring myself to finish Act One. I blame Runic fanboys for overhyping it.
02/01/2013 03:59 AMPosted by Antaran
I played Diablo 2 to death and loved it. Have been hearing some not-so-enthusiastic things about Diablo 3 though. If I enjoyed D2, should I get D3?

No.