To upgrade to M. Lion, or stay at S. Leopard

Mac Technical Support
Hey everyone, I was curious to see everyone's opinion.

I have the following 2008 Aluminum Unibody Mac with the following specs:
Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB51.007D.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.40f2
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID:
Sudden Motion Sensor: State: Enabled

I'm thinking of upgrading to Mountain Lion, but am hesitant. I have verified that my other programs will work with ML but am unsure if I want to invest another $20 just to play Hots. How has the performance of SC2 compare on Mountain Lion v. Snow Leopard? Should I just spend the $20, or should I just wait and save up enough money to build a decent PC?
Upgrade to Mountain Lion without hesitation.

And upgrade to 8 GB of RAM while your at it, that's what I would do.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/8566DDR3S8GP/
I was always under the impression that I could not upgrade to 8GB of Ram.

I ran the Crucial System scanner on Crucial and it stated my Max memory is 4gb.

Can it actually be upgraded to 8gb? If so, I'm purchasing this right away.
Yes, according to OWC and Mactracker (a great app available on the Mac App Store), your computer maxes out at 8 GB ram. Apple historically misstates the actual amount of ram many Mac model can utilize. I personally use an iMac7,1 which apple states can utilize 4 GB of ram but it actually supports 6 GB.

I'd recommend OWC over crucial. OWC products are all made for Mac use and their ram comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Just ordered the 8gb (4gb x 2). Should come in on Monday. I look forward to seeing, to what extent, how the RAM increase will benefit my SC2 play.
Cool Dude! I hope you experience an increase in performance. Note that upgrading to Mountain Lion has the potential of also increasing performance as the graphics architecture and drivers are much newer and get updated with point updates.
I agree with everyone else here. Since you're running a 9400M chipset, you will benefit from newer drivers and more RAM. Also, you've already checked that your apps will work in ML, so why not ;)
Just upgraded the ram to 8gb (quite nice). Going to upgrade to ML once I back my stuff up. Thanks for the help!