Bliz Forum presence

General Discussion
Does anyone else thing Blizzard's forum presence is quite low? i lurk(er) the forums a lot in my spare time and it seems like you don't see much of Blizzard here. Sure you have 2-3 blue posts every weekday but most of those are "thanks for the suggestion" or patch notes. and while this is their choice i feel like a lot of the frustration from fans isn't so much because they don't like decisions but because they don't feel included in the process and not privy to how the decision was made. In the beta patches we usually get explanations as to why that specific decision was made but not why they didn't try another fix

If say Cloaken made a thread once a week or so and just let people ask anything and he could communicate with the developers and just get us some reasons then sticky the threads everyone happy.

I know we have our mvp posters and their wisdom is welcome but some things you just have to come straight from the horses mouth
Sure you have 2-3 blue posts every weekday

It's still 2-3 times more than any other company. Heck, most don't even have community managers or a verbose community for that matter.
02/11/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Eclipse
Sure you have 2-3 blue posts every weekday

It's still 2-3 times more than any other company. Heck, most don't even have community managers or a verbose community for that matter.

The company I work for has it's own forum that us Social Media agents post replies on :P.
02/11/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Myke

The company I work for has it's own forum that us Social Media agents post replies on :P.

Do you work for a gigantic video game conglomerate?
The forums are the players mouthpiece to other players, not to or from Blizzard. Given that, they post very often.
02/11/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Kelthar
The forums are the players mouthpiece to other players, not to or from Blizzard. Given that, they post very often.

If that is true what is the point of the company having their own forum? Team Liquid has a great forum dedicated to player to player interaction. If we can't talk with bliz then why to they have and maintain a forum?

The issue is not what a forum is for though, its how it can be used, and in this circumstance i think, as i put in OP, that people might be frustrated when other such studios talk to their players considerably.
02/11/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Kelthar

That, and you have to realize they do a lot of work behind the scenes and sometimes a lack of forum posting is simply because they are busy doing other things. (And I know for a fact they are busy, prepping for HotS launch)

That being said, nobody disagrees with you -- we all (on the forums) would appreciate more communication to the developers (be it through community managers) and it has been brought up on the forums many times, but for various reasons forum posting doesn't take priority over other duties.

Still; I'm grateful -- the level of communication now (and since the start of the beta) has been better then many times in the bast.

Do you work for a gigantic video game conglomerate?

Nope, I work for a national cell phone company.

Do you have a point in your question?
Nope, I work for a national cell phone company.

Do you have a point in your question?

I might point out the difference in appreciable reports from a cell phone owner as opposed to the mountain of butthurt qq that blizzard must have to sift through like "HE'S HAX BRUNZE ZOMG". But maybe I am giving cell phone customers too much credit, you tell me ;)