Why does everyone here hate LoL?

Off Topic Dicussion
Post Limit:
As a fan of both games I am legitimately curious.
I have no idea why there are so many LoL vs SC2 posts here recently. All I know is that they're getting really annoying.
They're just mad. Go play LoL
It's not LOL that makes me mad, it's people who come on here saying that StarCraft 2 should be more like LOL, IE - noob friendly, change this to be like LOL, etc.
No idea. It's like people in the Supreme Commander community who blindly hate Starcraft - I've given up trying to understand. I like and try to be my best at both games.
02/11/2013 04:04 PMPosted by MrBlueSkink

I have played many hours of LoL. I do not hate it. Do not speak for everyone on this forum please.
I played SC1/SC2 since 98. I stopped SC2 about a year ago and started playing LoL. After 9 months of LoL I quit. It was fun mostly with friends. But the community is probably the worst I have seen of ANY game, by far the most immature.

People here hate it because its taking away from our esports scene. As a fan of both games, I can see why LoL is popular but I will always feel that SC2 is by far the superior esport game.

If only we had a company like Riot supporting SC2...
Because League of Legends is far less influenced by skill than something like Dota 2 or SC2 and designed/balanced in a horrendous way, as I see it.

Can't speak as to everyone else, but a lot of the community is probably just jumping on a bandwagon.
Because League of Legends is far less influenced by skill than something like Dota 2 or SC2 and designed/balanced in a horrendous way, as I see it.

Can't speak as to everyone else, but a lot of the community is probably just jumping on a bandwagon.

^this.
i play DOTA
A more interesting question, why do you like LoL? It's like a bad ums, to me. Npcs wandering around and each guy only has 1 unit which barely does anything except for the big fights where it's just a mess of spells. What am I missing? I'd love to get into it but I just don't see the appeal.
02/11/2013 04:58 PMPosted by SlylockMcFox
A more interesting question, why do you like LoL? It's like a bad ums, to me. Npcs wandering around and each guy only has 1 unit which barely does anything except for the big fights where it's just a mess of spells. What am I missing? I'd love to get into it but I just don't see the appeal.

Overall Goal: To win(that's obvious though).

The appeal, is taking a hero and doing well with it. You could try and think of it as an ARPG in a limited fashion. There is somet strategy to it as well(good team comp is one). Learning a hero and doing well with them takes time.

Of course, you have to withstand the barrage of rage that comes with the game.
02/11/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Myke

The appeal, is taking a hero and doing well with it. You could try and think of it as an ARPG in a limited fashion. There is somet strategy to it as well(good team comp is one). Learning a hero and doing well with them takes time.

Is it something you kind of have to play before you can enjoy/fully appreciate spectating? Kind of a difficult question but tbh I won't be playing lol, too busy. But I enjoyed watching sc2 long before I started playing.
I don't hate LoL, but I don't like LoL players for the most part.
02/11/2013 05:07 PMPosted by SlylockMcFox

Is it something you kind of have to play before you can enjoy/fully appreciate spectating? Kind of a difficult question but tbh I won't be playing lol, too busy. But I enjoyed watching sc2 long before I started playing.

That, I'm not sure of. If you have competent casters that can explain the basics of the game so that everyone understands, then yes it is very enjoyable to watch.

In terms of watching, SC2 is kind of the same, but SC2 is more straight forward (workers, base building, armies) where as LoL is more(here's a hero, with items and spells/abilities)
02/11/2013 04:04 PMPosted by MrBlueSkink

I think a large reason for any anti-LoL talk here is people keep comparing SC2 to LoL. Specifically they created SC2 is dying threads.
If I wanted to discuss LoL, I would post in LoL forum.

Also it is not just LoL hate. Post any other game outside of RTS genre and compare it to SC2 and people will respond the same way. Go ahead and make thread comparing SC2 and BO2.
Simply put League is a team game in which you have no influence over the people you play with, you're rewarded and punishing both for their faults and proficiency's.

My biggest problem after a year of playing, and what ultimately brought me back to SCII after nearly a 2 year break was that I just don't like team games. In Solo Queue Ranked your pitted against 5 random people with 4 random people on your team that you've never met. Unless your playing as 5v5 Ranked Team, you will be punished no matter how well you do if just 1 person slacks off or performs poorly. 1 person can lose a game for the other 4, whereas here in SCII the only person I can blame for failure is myself. The only thing ever actually said in most matched is glhf and gg wp. Not endless ranting and raging because someone didn't get the lane they wanted...

I don't like League because it shows how terrible people can be in anonymous groups.
02/11/2013 04:12 PMPosted by SwansGoMoo
No idea. It's like people in the Supreme Commander community who blindly hate Starcraft - I've given up trying to understand. I like and try to be my best at both games.

Exactly this. I have nothing against it it's not my thing but if people like it more power to them. It's the comparisons to sc 2 when they are completely different genres And I would be mad if sc2 became more like lol

Whoops quoted the wrong post oh well
02/11/2013 04:12 PMPosted by SwansGoMoo

Maybe it was because Supreme Commander 2

It was a nifty little game in it's own respect, but it doesn't match the depth of SupCom 1 and FA