RP idea thread

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
02/18/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Eroldren
lore

You should be aware that there are three kinds of Lore in JRB. RPer lore, RP lore, and Real lore. The first two almost always take precedence since we've no idea what happened pre certain events. The third one, fortunately in some ways, unfortunately in others, rarely is used, as it conflicts with the first two. Just some basics on lore round these parts.

Welcome, to JoeyRay's! Just don't shoot the TV and Zanon and you will get along swell.
"Also, don't bother me or take sides with Mecha and Xer."
well i was thinking of making an RP out of comical purpose about a rag-tag bunch of marines who came out of the worst marine academy trying to fight for their lives in the zerg invasion. You think its good or should i just give up?
a Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Unvierse, any of them would work but I think that either Atlantis or Universe would be best, esque RP given I have an extensive knowledge of Stargate I would be willing to help with working out RP lore and possibly DMing or Co-DMing ...
Umm an RP about the Invasion of Aiur. You could have Terran, Zerg, and Toss chars. Also an RP underwater but im starting that this summer.
02/19/2013 01:10 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
Umm an RP about the Invasion of Aiur.

Actually a good idea.

You could have Terran, Zerg, and Toss chars.

You could have Terran

have Terran

Terran

Um... No? What would Terran be doing on Auir?
Markus Raynors Raiders were there at the Fall (Invasion) of Auir
02/19/2013 02:15 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Um... No? What would Terran be doing on Auir?
Last Protoss Mission.... The Raiders helping the Protoss boys against the Overmind.

I have this one idea... Which I'll tell later. Zarkun already knows about it but I will say this... There will be lack of combat in the beginning, but conflicts will arise later in the RP. And word of advice... I don't want everyone as a Soldier/Security Officer like person. Mostly because that would ruin the RP. Plus... I also don't want unbelievable combat training that was given to the person since birth. That would also ruin it. I wan true human emotions and conflicts.
02/19/2013 02:17 PMPosted by TheLostMorph
Markus Raynors Raiders were there at the Fall (Invasion) of Auir

02/19/2013 02:18 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Last Protoss Mission.... The Raiders helping the Protoss boys against the Overmind.

Lol, I had no idea :P
Did you not play Brood War? or even the protoss campaign from the Original?
02/19/2013 02:24 PMPosted by TheLostMorph
Did you not play Brood War? or even the protoss campaign from the Original?

I never played the protoss BW campaign, no. Played every single campaign except that one because I couldn't get past like.. the sixth level.
"I was about, seven or eight when I played SC and SC: BW. I used the power overwhelming cheat every time."
There's a remake of the original and BW on SC2. Look for it on SC2 Mapster. Follow the instructions there. You'll need to use the editor to open the maps though.
I meant the protoss campaign from SCO(the VERY first SC even before BW) but in the very first protoss mission of BW Raynor helps the Protoss escape.
Please, no more metal. i don't want my face to implode.
How about there is a planet with two warring factions? plain and simple. (or a whole solar system)
02/19/2013 03:08 PMPosted by TheGman
Please, no more metal.

There is no metal in this thread...
I'm partial to the Guild Wars RP myself. Now let me talk about my little RP plot I'm coming up with.

This will be during Dominion times during the Zerg Invasion. This planet has suffered very light Zerg attacks as it's on one of the edges on the other side of the Dominion space. Only one planet and it's about the size of Chicago, maybe New York? Well... They built a wall around the city, metal fencing with concrete walls, the usual. Then there are five groups that are like family but each group supplies a different part of the city. One of them are pretty much your Soldiers, Security Officers. While outside, the other one let's say would be in charge of the farms, music, arts... Etc. And when you turn sixteen, you get to make a choice into which one you want to go into.

Just as a forewarning... I don't want everyone to be a Security officer just because they have weapons and etc. Then... I also don't want stupid combat training when you were a little child. Maybe learn about it in some old books... And get inspired by it. That's all I can think of.
lore

You should be aware that there are three kinds of Lore in JRB. RPer lore, RP lore, and Real lore. The first two almost always take precedence since we've no idea what happened pre certain events. The third one, fortunately in some ways, unfortunately in others, rarely is used, as it conflicts with the first two. Just some basics on lore round these parts.

Welcome, to JoeyRay's! Just don't shoot the TV and Zanon and you will get along swell.
Basically RPer and RP lore is fanfic lore of Joeyray's Bar right? Unrestrained of being entirely tied down by the canon material and laws of the universe; free of going wild with whatever stories, eh? But for myself, I kinda like keep close to the confines of established lore expect for taking liberates that are plausible scenarios or whatnot. But maybe I'll join nonetheless if something perks my intrest.

Okay, okay, I'll keep my hands off the TV. *stares at the hydralisk skull with mischief* Although... I might just escape with that one instead.

BTW, has this forum ever put together a group effort into fanmade campaign stories on SC2Mapster/Arcade? I'm no map maker but I'm just wondering if something like that was ever done before, it seems like it could have happen with this community.
02/19/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Eroldren
BTW, has this forum ever put together a group effort into fanmade campaign stories on SC2Mapster/Arcade? I'm no map maker but I'm just wondering if something like that was ever done before, it seems like it could have happen with this community.

I was just thinking about that. The problem is, nobody is a map maker. I'm a crappy map maker and I think I'm the best one here :P
Hmm... That sounds very interesting. Yet almost everyone in here sucks at map making. XD