New 2.0.4 Options You May Want to Change

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Options > Gameplay >

If you're seasoned:

Uncheck Enable Simple Command Card - Will bring back the good ol' command card with partrol, hold position, and all the other classic commands.

Uncheck Select All Larvae - Will allow you to click on a single Zerg larva, should you choose.

Check Enable Enemy Unit Selection - Will allow you to select enemy units and structures.

If you're a purist:

Uncheck Enable Starting Worker Rally - Will allow you to assign your workers manually at the start of a match, just like in previous versions of the game.

Uncheck Display Experience Points - Will stop the XP points from popping up over kills and such while you're in a match. (XP is still earned.)

Uncheck Always Show Worker Status - Will only display worker counters on "town halls" and Vespene Gas structures when cursor is hovering over it.

Enjoy the new UI of Starcraft II!

Hopefully helpfully,
Doncroft
If you're seasoned:Uncheck Enable Simple Command CardUncheck Select All LarvaeCheck Enable Enemy Unit Selection

If you're seasoned? If you have two brain cells to rub together, more like.

But I like this thread just the same.
check your graphics/sound/gameplay settings. my custom setting were all erased back to recommended
02/19/2013 01:53 PMPosted by EasyAI
check your graphics/sound/gameplay settings. my custom setting were all erased back to recommended

That's odd. Mine weren't.
Forgot doing this for the first 10 games in HoTS. Will not do the same when the new patch hits EU.
02/19/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Doncroft

That's odd. Mine weren't.

Mine were. Everything was on Ultra/Extreme.

Great post btw, Doncroft.
02/19/2013 02:00 PMPosted by KKR
Great post btw, Doncroft.

Or you're welcome. I figured my gold text would draw some people's attention and maybe prevent a few more panic threads from springing up.
Bump, bump, bump, a million times, BUMP!

+1 Nice catch Doncroft!
02/19/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Doncroft
Uncheck Always Show Worker Status

Is this for Idle Workers and the such, or something else?

Also, +1. This was very helpful, or else I probably would have been running around for a while. Thanks!
I'd also like to point out that everyone's graphics were reset. All custom profiles were deleted for graphics and reset. Not one person was ignored.

None of mine were reset.... It claimed that they were but when I looked they were all the same as before.
Posted by Doncroft

02/19/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Allon

It puts a text over your town halls and gas buildings showing you how many workers (and the ideal number of workers) you have working on the nearby resources.
Posted by Doncroft

02/19/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Allon

It puts a text over your town halls and gas buildings showing you how many workers (and the ideal number of workers) you have working on the nearby resources.

Thanks!
People tonight may also want to see this, so a golden bump for awareness.
Things you MUST DO TODAY!

Options > Gameplay > Language or whatever it is > Korean

You are now a Korean.

ㅈㅈ
+1
I don't wanna.
I'll do it tomorrow.
I don't wanna.
I'll do it tomorrow.

No! You NEED to do this TODAY!
I don't wanna.
I'll do it tomorrow.

Fonzy and I are too busy RPing on NationStates.
I don't wanna.
I'll do it tomorrow.

Heh. I switched the title a few minutes ago.