StarCraft 2 is Dying and How to Save it

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
"What would someone who's made their entire living in this industry know that a random person who plays for fun wouldn't? I'm gonna go ahead and side with the randum who makes le epik funny posts hehehehe. Then I'm going to make a funee parody comparing SC2 to CoD (which sells 100x better) hehehe epik. :D
I wonder what these posts will look like in 2 years when SC2 is removed from the MLG pro circuit because no one watches."

-Destiny.

http://i.imgur.com/JFfL7lX.png

Destiny was a cancer to this community even before he rage quit and ruined his reputation and a lot of people are happy he left.
So I guess this thread wasn't deleted after all...odd.
The old and mighty HeReTiC, my, has it really been that long!
*clap*
02/19/2013 03:59 PMPosted by RedOctober
The old and mighty HeReTiC, my, has it really been that long!

Hey, I remember you!
YOU DO!?
But so few do!
Absolutely brilliant! You have inspired "SC2 is dead" posts everywhere to reach a greater level!
YOU DO!?
But so few do!

It's really hard for me to forget a name as cool as RedOctober.
YOU DO TOO!
How could I forget you when "The Hunt for Red October" is consistently on the home page of Netflix?
Regardless if I read this post again or not I can put abit of insight.

I appreciate highlighting key points for the game, and I can shed some light on the game still being lively.

The point in players not wanting to progress through Master's league is because of their own decision to not want to improve anymore. I don't know how many players sitting in master's league right now literally quitting the game in NA specifically.

The bonus pool alone makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, regardless of whether my MMR is increasing or not. It's a game, not a life or death Play Match button.

You also won't improve by playing bronze players, if that's considered fun to you go ahead and demote yourself by losing games. When you interact with players that are leagues below you, you can understand that they are playing the game to improve just like anyone else.

It's up to you if you want to play the game Starcraft 2 for what it's worth.
Regardless if I read this post again or not I can put abit of insight.

I appreciate highlighting key points for the game, and I can shed some light on the game still being lively.

The point in players not wanting to progress through Master's league is because of their own decision to not want to improve anymore. I don't know how many players sitting in master's league right now literally quitting the game in NA specifically.

The bonus pool alone makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, regardless of whether my MMR is increasing or not. It's a game, not a life or death Play Match button.

You also won't improve by playing bronze players, if that's considered fun to you go ahead and demote yourself by losing games. When you interact with players that are leagues below you, you can understand that they are playing the game to improve just like anyone else.

It's up to you if you want to play the game Starcraft 2 for what it's worth.

HeReTiC isn't being serious, ya know?
64 bites. How are people still biting?
You have some good points but some of what you said is just plain wrong. (im not sure if someone has voiced this already, havent perused the 24 pages)

Just some thoughts:

-"We" do not want to pay a monthly fee.

-I'm not sure prestige would be such a good idea, whats the point of being in bronze if your MMR is already grandmaster? Plus the real bronzes would be placed against grandmasters whenever they prestige? no. What could work is a ranking system that goes up in levels (up to 50?) rather than only 7 leagues with an icon or something next to your portrait.

- "1. Controlling multiple units is difficult and overly complicated." .........go play lol/dota

-Starcraft is its own game, the idea of mimicking another game is like a girlfriend who agrees with everything you say and do. The problem is the way non-ladder games are found. One of the reasons why Bnet1.0 was great was the simple list format organized by game types...!@#$ the "arcade"

-"Name one major sport (other than chess, track, or anything that would hurt my argument) that requires people to play alone and I'll retract this statement." ...or anything that would hurt your argument?..uh, lets see..Tennis and Golf.

-Grinding is a waste of time. Period.

-I do like the idea of single unit bonuses, perhaps +0.1 damage for every 5 kills?

-If starcraft starts a subscription fee, I'll quit and move on with no hesitation.

-nice, organized format, easy to read. Good job OP.
Oh my god, the fishes are still biting!
02/19/2013 05:44 PMPosted by smylez
Oh my god, the fishes are still biting!

Quickly! Add more bait to the hook!
02/19/2013 05:42 PMPosted by freelove
"Name one major sport (other than chess, track, or anything that would hurt my argument) that requires people to play alone and I'll retract this statement." ...or anything that would hurt your argument?..uh, lets see..Tennis and Golf.

made my day xD
02/19/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Rekatan
Absolutely brilliant! You have inspired "SC2 is dead" posts everywhere to reach a greater level!

I dont see any of those threads. Do you?
How?...

I don't understand what's kept this thread alive xD

World hunger should be cured by the works of this thread's OP alone.
The works of our King is beyond your mortal comprehension. Hence it is why this thread is alive for so long.