The Gates of Hell (RP; Episode 1)

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 18 Next
I hissed at the newcomer.
'You are not welcome here... leave the Hive now... You are currently surrounded... It is unwise to attempt any form of violence here... murderer.'
The drones were now beginning to pulsate, nearing maturity as Spine Crawlers, definitely in range to strike when they were finished.
OOC: Okay, thanks.

IC: I crawl around minding my own business. And wait for the next thing to happen.
/Christopher/

I stared intently at the computer screen, checking over my data, when suddenly something popped up.

"Alert...Specimen Deceased. Cause of Death..." It started something like that; and gave a brief report of what was going on the the Habitation.

I sighed, and pulled up my wrist. "Commervac; I do believe we need to send in a few guy's into the Habitation. It appears one of our new Specimen is beginning a killing spree." I pause, then continue; "A strong doseage of sedatives should do the trick...we may need to put the Specimen into Stasis as a time out if it continues killing things..." I breifly scan the rest of the report. "Please hurry."

I then let myself slump backward into my desk chair. I needed fill out the next mission report soon...
i kock my head "really? cause i was just thinking of taking some larva spit"
I squint my eyes at it, growling softly. "I will not allow a murderer near my spawn. Now, go back to your hunt... your kind disgust me... your kind is the reason we are trapped here... Bloodthirsty killers..."
Savage follows along and laughs. He had been here long enough to know that it is stupid to try to harm a larvae. He follows behind as he falls into a pool of black liquid, it's texture much like oil. He falls behind, his body flowing through the creep, through it he saw everything that was touching it.
02/14/2013 06:50 PMPosted by SlnderBurito
I squint my eyes at it, growling softly. "I will not allow a murderer near my spawn. Now, go back to your hunt... your kind disgust me... your kind is the reason we are trapped here... Bloodthirsty killers..."

"i think you're mistaken. i'm one of you" i say. "though i did eat your zergling for dinner. By the way they taste like chocolate"
Once I am in my armor I head for the command center for my patrol route for today. I pass the bar noting that it was open. Seemed odd to me that a place like that would be open so early then again there were people that were just getting off duty and would probably be heading that way.

I arrive at the command center standing and receive my patrol route and head for the research facility to start my patrol route.
Just as I start my patrol I here the emergancy call followed by the Commervac's voice saying that he was on it. Since he had it under control I continued on my patrol and pass several white coats as I go through the research facility. Another droll day for me.
Savage's oily form had taken root at the feet of the man-Zerg. "You... Not... Complete... Zerg... You... Killed... One."
I growl again.
'NO! You are not like me, you are a killer... a murderer! I will not allow you to endanger my spawn! LEAVE NOW, or suffer the consequences!'
The Spine Crawlers made a grotesque noise as they finished mutating, barbs aimed directly for him.
02/14/2013 07:03 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Savage's oily form had taken root at the feet of the man-Zerg. "You... Not... Complete... Zerg... You... Killed... One."

"oh so we going to racism here? Just because i'm part human doesn't mean you can blame your depression on me. i'm stuck here with you lot anyways"
I keep up a decent pace so my shoes don't get too stuck in the creep. The stuff had a tendancy of making my shoes stick to the ground if I stood still without moving for too long. I hear a quiet chitter to my right, and I glance sideways at the map in caution. A Roach appeared to be lurking somewhere in the trees, a bit of a way's away.

I slow my pace just a bit to make less noise. The last thing I wanted to do today was to tango with a zerg...

I glance upwards. Just over the treetops, I could see the top of the Hatchery; the hot steam of its breath coming out of it. It had fogged up the Dome a bit at the center, but you could still plainly see that it was still just pouring away outside. It would be muddy as hell tomorrow...

It seemed like I was getting pretty close though. I started to reach out with my senses, to see if Zelia was up and about...and I was pretty sure I could sense her somewhere near the Hatchery. I could have been wrong though. I wasn't like a Ghost, I'd never had the proper training.

I trudged on, my feet making sort of mild, SPLORPHCH sound whenever I pulled them out of the creep again.
I watch the infested speak to Zelia, straining to hear what it says. I miss some of it because of the ambiance of various Zerg creatures shrieking and generally being noisy, but understand the general concept of the conversation. I fly down a little lower, descending to a level just a few meters above the Hatchery's summit, close enough to feel it's warm exhalations beneath my wings.

Unlike the rest of the Zerg, Zelia was an exception to my general disregard for the safety of my fellow creatures. She was one of the specimens that had a mind that could think for itself, not a simple slave, and even some of her offspring shared this trait.

I let out a sharp hiss to catch the attention of the infested, before speaking in the native Zerg tongue, which I know from experience the terrans are unable to understand.

"Infesssted. Leave the Queen in peace. You will only bring death to yourself. She is the mother of most of this colony, and the humans would not be pleased if you destroyed their... specimens. Leave now, or you will die. If not by the humans, then by me or the Queen and her children."
"Queen... How... Are... You?" Savage asks, ignoring the man-Zerg.

Derek was working on the main body frame of the Zergling-bot, cutting away metal to and shaping it like overlapping scales. His aim was to reduce weight while trying to keep the same strength, and it would work fairly well.
Ugh, this isn't directed at the RPers but man, Zerg dialogue just makes me cringe for some reason.
I cast my head off to the side, and squinted my eyes, signalling Astrid's mind out from everyone else's.
'Astrid... take cover behind the hive. There are people here, and it is dangerous where I am right now...'
I turn back to the creature, and hiss again.
'You're the one killing the others... now once again. Leave...' I could sense Commervac from here... his mind stood out like a sore thumb... I looked to where I could only feel he was, and grin, moving my eyes from the creature in front of me, and to him... wherever he was. I nodded slowly, smiling devilishly. The Spine Crawlers begin to rear back, ready to strike.

I turned to the Changeling and smile.
'I am doing well, Savage. And You?"
02/14/2013 07:14 PMPosted by smylez
Ugh, this isn't directed at the RPers but man, Zerg dialogue just makes me cringe for some reason.
And why is that? Just that it sounds too human?