Zerg counter to Stalker?

Zerg Discussion
I would've thought it would be the roach since roach is pure vs. ground only and the stalker is air/ground... but every time i send roaches vs stalkers they get steamrolled.

Anyone know the counter?

Thanks
Roaches generally do well vs stalkers in high numbers. Lings and fungals also counter stalkers.
Literally everything except muta, bane, and ultralisk (and corruptor obviously).
i find muta ling does fairly well unless its mass stalker. if thats the case then try to work in some hydra to and dps them down
ultralisk should be fine / great vs stalkers.... Obamarauder??? Why would you think ultra's would be bad vs stalks??

Ling Muta eh? Interesting are you sure that counters stalkers? Does it just come out even?

Ling combined with any other zerg unit that can attack a stalker should counter it.

You will get a total mind F$%k when you learn that stalker zealot sentry beats any zerg tier 1 composition. (Even if you throw in hydras.... until the sentries all die off that is)
02/27/2013 10:49 PMPosted by furyofSKANKS
ultralisk should be fine / great vs stalkers.... Obamarauder??? Why would you think ultra's would be bad vs stalks??

Only if the Stalkers sit still, which they won't. Blinkstalkers should beat Ultralisks.
Adrenalings are always great to have against toss ground IMO, more than ultras
that makes sense... I guess I was just assuming people would go ling / ultra which is normal, I'm not sure how you go 1 without the other.

But... if protoss goes hard or heavy blink stalker and just masses that unit and you can tech to ultras I have no idea how you lose that game etc.....
I feel as though an upgraded roach will do fine against stalkers...
Hydralisks.
Roaches and Lings will work, as long as you have higher numbers. Hydras trade favorably with them in equal numbers, better if you have Lings hitting them as well. Ultras are okay, but Blink makes them less effective. Muats are also decent, but only if you target fire.
02/27/2013 10:49 PMPosted by furyofSKANKS

Blink. Fast. Bonus vs. armored. Massable. Pretty good counter to ultralisks.

Ling Muta eh? Interesting are you sure that counters stalkers? Does it just come out even?

I said muta does not counter stalkers. Read. Ling does, at least in most practical situations especially before late game.

You will get a total mind F$%k when you learn that stalker zealot sentry beats any zerg tier 1 composition. (Even if you throw in hydras.... until the sentries all die off that is)

After 1500+ games played as zerg or protoss and 2.5 years of SC2, I'm very thankful that you have taught me that fact. I had no idea that a balanced mix of expensive units combined with the most powerful spell in the game could beat tier 1. My mind is officially !@#$ed. All this time I was sending slow lings into the FFs and i couldnt figure out why it didn't work.

But... if protoss goes hard or heavy blink stalker and just masses that unit and you can tech to ultras I have no idea how you lose that game etc.....

You probably lose it because the protoss will be harassing you all game and if he somehow leaves you alone long enough to get ultras out he is maxed out with at least 2 upgrades. I'm pretty certain that pure stalkers blinking back, onto high ground, behind each other, standing in chokes, beats a 300 gas unit with no closing speed, root, or support.

Protoss Tier 1 only beats Zerg Tier 1 if
1. There's a massive upgrade difference
2. There's more/even supply of Protoss units
or
3. Zerg a moves up ramp/into choke

that makes sense... I guess I was just assuming people would go ling / ultra which is normal, I'm not sure how you go 1 without the other.

I'm pretty sure winfestor/gglord is more standard in ZvP than ling/ultra
The mindf comment was not addressed to obamamaurader
lings duuuuh

btw roaches and stalkers are the same supplt but roaches cost half
If you're losing pure roach vs stalker either your macro needs work or you're no engaging them in an open area. Roaches short range means they have to partially surround the enemy. At higher levels protoss players will add sentries and collosi to the stalkers to make it hard to position.
LITERALY EVERTHING
02/28/2013 11:14 PMPosted by TBird
If you're losing pure roach vs stalker either your macro needs work or you're no engaging them in an open area. Roaches short range means they have to partially surround the enemy. At higher levels protoss players will add sentries and collosi to the stalkers to make it hard to position.

No blink stalkers do very well against pure roaches. You need to go roach/ling to surrounds them or add infestors to prevent the blink micro.
03/01/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Daihinmin
blink stalkers do very well against pure roaches.

Not the case in equal cost battles. Roaches dominate in those. In equal SUPPLY battles stalkers win.
Ling/Infestor.