Can I install without downloading a huge file

Technical Support
Post Limit:
I didn't have WoL installed and tried installing HotS and it proceeds to download a 6GB file. I don't want to destroy my bandwidth installing the game.

If I installed WoL first would my download be smaller?
With WoL installed my download was about 3gb, but my WoL was also up to date and had all of the patches and optomizations
Blizzard seems to have gone completely online... I noticed that I downloaded HotS on Monday (13GB) prior to release and the DVD didn't install... Only a Patcher came up and Downloaded 222MB. It's annoying, but meh...

Note: It SAYS 6GB, (mine said 13GB, but it only downloaded some of it). It'll just download what you need.
I don't think blizzard realizes not everyone has huge amounts of bandwidth. So if I download the 6GB file there isn't going to be another huge file after that?
Shouldn't be... Usually it all patches at once.
It would have been a courtesy to add some major game files onto the DVD.
Not everyone has unlimited bandwidth.
I needed to reinstall Starcraft 2 but clued in to use the Heart of the Swarm and neither way will make any difference it appears.

The game costs money.
The bandwidth costs money.
The huge download costs user patience.
Users go to forums like this to gripe about the long download while they are waiting.

The physical copy is ummm worthless.
Thanks for the tiny fold open card and the pad of paper to add weight.
Diablo 3 and HoS are now two games in a row that this "as much online as possible" is really making me look elsewhere.

Will see if the download is worth it, really hope so....
It would have been a courtesy to add some major game files onto the DVD.
Not everyone has unlimited bandwidth.
I needed to reinstall Starcraft 2 but clued in to use the Heart of the Swarm and neither way will make any difference it appears.

The game costs money.
The bandwidth costs money.
The huge download costs user patience.
Users go to forums like this to gripe about the long download while they are waiting.

The physical copy is ummm worthless.
Thanks for the tiny fold open card and the pad of paper to add weight.
Diablo 3 and HoS are now two games in a row that this "as much online as possible" is really making me look elsewhere.

Will see if the download is worth it, really hope so....

When you're playing a game that is based almost solely around it's multiplayer community, ESPECIALLY it's eSports community, it's generally expected that you have enough bandwidth, as well as a fast internet connection. Granted, this isn't the case in everybody's situation, but that seems to be the mindset Blizzard has towards this. If you contacted customer support I'm sure there's some way they would mail you a physical copy of WoL/HotS with the full game and all current patches.
[quote]
When you're playing a game that is based almost solely around it's multiplayer community, ESPECIALLY it's eSports community, it's generally expected that you have enough bandwidth, as well as a fast internet connection. Granted, this isn't the case in everybody's situation, but that seems to be the mindset Blizzard has towards this. If you contacted customer support I'm sure there's some way they would mail you a physical copy of WoL/HotS with the full game and all current patches.

Somehow I doubt that customer support will be of any help, they rarely are. If they were going to make physical copies of the files available, they would have put them on the HotS disk. They want people to download the files from them as a means of control. I get the multiplayer and eSports draw of games like this, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Not everyone has unlimited bandwidth and high speed connections available to them.

Constant negativity toward the game companies is not the solution though. What those of us in areas without these services need to do is put pressure on local government to make these services available to us. At least then you can have someone lie to your face that things will get better, instead of just reading it on a web page.
Ridiculous downloads guys. Put the program on the DVDs already. Is the game really that big or is the rest of it spy programs?
Sickens me really to see how far they've gone with the whole online control aspect. My bandwidth is limited (250 gb cap). That would be enough 10 years ago but with the advent of tv and music streaming, every ISP is doing their best to filter or rid themselves of unlimited bandwidth plans all together. Blizzard, get a clue...I like your games and been playing since the original warcraft / starcraft days but sh$* like this has to stop. I paid good money for the SC II and HOTS. Give us options. Allow people to install from a dvd if the updates are going to fu*&ing EXCEED 14GB from an initial install!!

I started this and thought there was an actual mistake I made. I was like....."I must have done something wrong.....the size of the update is more than the initial dvd install!? Let's pause and retrace your steps....NOPE! Sir, you have just fallen into the Blizzard rabbit hole and stepped into a stinky pile of painfully long constipation turd! But wait, take your time cleaning it off because this damn download is going to keep you waiting!!