Mac OS X Update 10.8.3 released

Mac Technical Support
Post Limit:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640

Apple fails to mention in change notes that it also contains updated nvidia and ati drivers that resolve performance issues for some GPUs.

This update should also fix the stuttering audio of some imacs (apple does mention this one in notes)
I am one of those iMac users that had the audio stuttering problem and can confirm that the issue is gone with 10.8.3.
For MacBook Pro with Retina Display users, there is a SMC update included that should fix frame rate issues you are experiencing which forces you to reset SMC.
But I don't feel it makes any better.
Cool, this update added 2 more extensions to the OpenGL 3.3 profile and added its first extension to 4.1, I'm using a gpu that technically maxes out at OpenGL 3.3 (ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro) so there may be more extensions supported in this update that I can't see. Anyone with a newer mac see more of OpenGL 4 being supported (use opengl extension viewer to check)?
Cool, this update added 2 more extensions to the OpenGL 3.3 profile and added its first extension to 4.1, I'm using a gpu that technically maxes out at OpenGL 3.3 (ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro) so there may be more extensions supported in this update that I can't see. Anyone with a newer mac see more of OpenGL 4 being supported (use opengl extension viewer to check)?

I noticed that too. it was a pleasant surprise. Not that they will be used any time soon since blizzard games have to retain some 10.7 support for now. But lets see where 10.9 brings us later this year. It'd make my day to see some real OpenGL 4 support. Then i hope blizzard actually would invest the time to support two profiles like they do on windows (ie dx11 vs dx9) and have a OpenGL 4 and OpenGL 3 option and just kill OpenGL 2 that's in use now once and for all.
03/15/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Omega

I noticed that too. it was a pleasant surprise. Not that they will be used any time soon since blizzard games have to retain some 10.7 support for now. But lets see where 10.9 brings us later this year. It'd make my day to see some real OpenGL 4 support. Then i hope blizzard actually would invest the time to support two profiles like they do on windows (ie dx11 vs dx9) and have a OpenGL 4 and OpenGL 3 option and just kill OpenGL 2 that's in use now once and for all.

I couldn't agree more, it'd be great to see blizzard Take advantage of OpenGL 3, it seems like all the pieces are in place with 10.7 being the minimum required OS (even though 10.6 apparently still works for now). Hopefully this is something we will see sooner rather than later.