Crashes, Lockups, & Unexpected DirectX/OpenGL

Technical Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 12 13 14 19 Next
Just an FYI I have recently swapped my old GeForce GTS 250 1GB for a new Radeon HD 7850 2GB and I am no longer getting a crash. I think my old card was failing, and you can disregard my previous posts in this thread because I don't think it is related to the issue at hand.

it's not the cards that are causing this I assure you, these are very high end computers mostly that run other games that make sc2 look like a joke in comparison
Even something to the effect of "we've been able to duplicate some of the crashes in our test lab, and are working on isolating root causes" would be nice. Blizz? Any updates? Otherwise, I'll be opening a ticket for a refund soon, as the game has been mostly unplayable since I upgraded to HOTS.

Better yet, can you give us a few vid card drivers for Nvidia that you have successfully tested with? I'll run an old driver if I have to. Your game engine seems to be having the most difficulty with the Nvidia cards right now...
I keep getting BSOD at first i thought it was because the game was still downloading updates...but after all updates finished i'm still getting random BSOD. I never had any crashes before HotS

I'm running Windows 7 Home Professional 64bit

processor is Intel Core 2 Duo P8800 @ 2.66GHz

4 gigs of memory

Graphics card is the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260M

Error information upon restart:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80040F3380
BCP2: FFFFF88004B3CE64
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\050513-90246-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-399066-0.sysdata.xml
Error Code:
2310A32F-CDA7-4D28-863F-C7447CC2F8AC

Occured When:
Playing Campaign. Mostly happens in HotS campaign so far. It occurs about every 30 mins, during the missions take place.
Also happens during large all-in attacks in multiplayer games.

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz
CPU SPEED:
2.82 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
3.48 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
2.51 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
HARD DISK SIZE:
374.28 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
298.49 GB (80%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
1.28 MB/s (10.2 mbps)
Those of you with a second GPU on a laptop (I have Intel HD graphics) can try switching SC2 to run on this GPU instead (via the nvidia control panel). The game will have to be run on low, and might lag at times, but at least it wont (well, hasn't for me so far) crash.
I stopped playing in January because of crashes, and I started up again hoping it was fixed. crashed after 3 games. I have a dell laptop 540m nvdiaia... I just think its unfair to pay for a game that crashes every time I play it. It is a new relatively new laptop and I've tried a TON of possible solutions to no avail..
Can anyone say if the new patch fixed the issue?
Will update crash status after i finish the patch

Edit: FFS NO still BSOD!!!!!!! Though i did manage to play for 10 minutes that time. This really sucks....oh well first world problems I guess.
Edit: FFS NO still BSOD!!!!!!! Though i did manage to play for 10 minutes that time. This really sucks....oh well first world problems I guess.

I guess blizzard just doesnt give a !@#$ anymore. Forgive my language but i am really pissed at them for this. I would understand if the issue is not an easy fix but to not say anything at all is the unforgivable thing.

I would urge each and every person who has this issue to just ask for a refund, this is unacceptable and anyone with this problem will not be able to play the game anyways. If they so manage to actually fix the issue we can buy it again, but to let them have the money without us being able to play is unacceptable.
The worst thing isn't even that this was a patch specifically to fix bugs/crashes. It's that they haven't so much as responded to this thread in a month and said "hey guys we're sorry we're working really hard on this please be patient."

edit: lol....i'm going to try putting my settings below my warcraft III levels It would be really pathetic on blizzards part if their 10 year old game was working better than a brand new one.

edit 2: Lowered resolution below what my monitor should be, played through longer but ultimately crashed 2 more times.
So, at this point, we have figured out that blizzard just can't care a bit less. It's been over a month with absolutely no feedback or statements.

I can say they are doing a wonderful job of one thing. Keeping a lid on this. It's never posted in the "Known p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶s̶ Issues" nor is it addressed here any longer. It seems that if we aren't paying a monthly subscription, they just don't want to hear about it.

And their "Fix" of turning down graphical settings is complete BS. Why is turning down the graphics helping your broken code? Many of us can play far more intensive games with no problem whatsoever, so its not a driver, it not the card, its the game.
So, at this point, we have figured out that blizzard just can't care a bit less. It's been over a month with absolutely no feedback or statements.

They just dont care, we are a minority and because of that they can give themselves the luxury of ignoring us and nothing will happen. Also this thread is dying more each day because people stop posting, we need everyone with this problem flooding this thread to get their attention otherwise they will just keep ignoring this.

I already got a refund for Hots because is just stupid that i cant play it, but the problem is, i cannot even play Wings of Liberty anymore i mean what the !@#$ blizzard i bought the %^-*ing collectors edition and now i cant even play the !@#$ing game... say something already.
Years after release, I finally purchase this game a few days ago. Long story short it melted my video card. My computer is now dead. Played D3 and Borderlands 2 on ultra high (not exactly bragging points but still a reference) with NO issues.

I have an 8800 GTX. 2 GB of RAM. Old? Yes but that thing could still haul. And before you go on about cooling because this has never once had even remotely a temp issue. Every program in background was killed like Steam. Was fried within 60 seconds of cold startup. Room temp 70f.

Started with some crashes yesterday right off the bat which, oddly enough for a "polished" game seemed quite common, especially for Nvidia cards. Updated drivers to current. Still crash. Started it up today, logged in and before I even got past log in, screen went wonky and I went OH CRAP (had 2 9800 pros from ATI melt on me back in college) and dove for the power button. It was too late.

For a life long Blizzard customer, this is the thanks I get? Ambushed by an issue that is how many years old? That should NEVER have existe to begin with? Disgusting. Just want to warn everyone that the issue is still out there! And Blue, take a look at my account. I've owned just about every Blizzard PC game since Diablo. Put in years to WoW too. Chances of getting a response though? We will see.

-Veng
Bump
Thanks man! I hope it gets some attention. Even if it's just people who learn to protect their pc.
Honestly, the only thing that wouldn't surprise me at all, is if they locked this thread and buried it somewhere.
Honestly, the only thing that wouldn't surprise me at all, is if they locked this thread and buried it somewhere.

There is no need for that, this is the technical support forum its just here for show apparently.
le sigh....you know it's always been like this too....and they don't work on weekends....you'd think i'd have given in to total apathy after years of WoW but...here i am hoping to see a smidgen of blue....

EDIT:

Eh while i'm crying here's some more info on my specific video card.

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 05/10/2013 21:47:44
System name: MORGANVONWEBB

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 260M
Driver version: 314.22
Direct3D API version: 10
CUDA Cores: 112
Core clock: 550 MHz
Shader clock: 1350 MHz
Memory data rate: 1600 MHz
Memory interface: 256-bit
Total available graphics memory: 2813 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB GDDR3
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1789 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.92.78.00.08
IRQ: 0
Bus: PCI Express x16
Device Id: 10DE 0618 08601558

[Components]

easyDaemonAPIU64.DLL 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
WLMerger.exe 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
daemonu.exe 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
ComUpdatus.exe 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
NvUpdtr.dll 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
NvUpdt.dll 1.12.12.0 NVIDIA Update Components
nvui.dll 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdsync.exe 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll 7.1.740.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe 7.1.740.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Video Server
NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer
NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application
NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module
nvDispSR.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA Display Server
PhysX 09.10.0514 NVIDIA PhysX
NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.13.1422 NVIDIA CUDA 5.0.1 driver
nvGameSR.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 6.14.13.1422 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

maybe someone else will see something the game doesn't like :/
Funny, D3 auction house gets screwed up (a constant source of income for blizzard), and it gets taken down, fixed, and put back up in a matter of 3 days. People can't play a game they paid for, and it's physically damaging some hardware, and we get told to lower our graphics quality, and then ignored for a month.

maybe someone else will see something the game doesn't like :/

Nope, the game just doesn't like its own code.

I hate their fix of "lower graphical quality". In essence they are saying "Hey, that $500 video card you bought, yeah our game is written poorly and doesn't work with it. So just make our broken game look terrible, and it will play a little less terrible, but not for too long before it crashes again."
Your game sucks. You suck. I hate you. Goodbye