Frequent frozen gameplay.

Mac Technical Support
I'm running a new Macbook Pro. Since the 2.0.5 patch, the game has been freezing about 20% of my Ranked 1v1 matches (this is basically all I play). Sometimes it occurs very early in the game, sometimes it is quite far into the match. The gameplay will simply stop, although I can still move the mouse. The screen will stay frozen indefinitely until I force quit, and then a message saying a "fatal error has occurred" will prompt me to send a message to Blizzard. I reinstalled the game, although this has not helped. Anyone else experiencing this, or know of anything I might do to fix it?
Thanks for the report Shelby.

When the Blizzard Error Reporter states to send a message to Blizzard, does it provide a crash error ID along with it? If so, please put the code here so I may look it up.

As far as your Mac goes, can you post your system information? This will help us out in troubleshooting.

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)

Finally, can you try some of the steps outlined in our StarCraft II Lockups and Crashes support article?
I tried the basic steps in the Starcraft II Lockups and Crashes support article. It helped tremendously!
However, I had a freeze after maybe 10-15 games. Here is the code:
8B883ED8-5711-4168-9707-0D77CCFF890B

Also, here are the specs you requested:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B08
SMC Version (system): 2.2f41
Hardware UUID: 6D79CD68-3781-5F7B-B3AB-F1616E088A49
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

System Software Overview:
System Version: OS X 10.8.2 (12C3103)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.2.1
Boot Volume: Macintoch HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Time since boot: 1 day4:36
Here's another crash #:
7FD0870B-F5F0-4BC5-9D8E-16FBD16FCC9D
Thanks. This appears to be relating to corrupt textures. Did you try the advanced steps outlined in the article? I notice you said basic.
It's become more frequent since I bought Heart of the Swarm. I have tried the advanced troubleshooting, to no avail. About 50% of matches freeze. Here is a fresh code:
E0400BE5-AB39-46D4-B8F9-33DEC983139D
Thanks for your help anyhow.
Oh no! The only thing I didn't do was the hardware test, and it reports something wrong with my memory module. Could this be the cause of the problem? Thanks again.
This may be the issue.

Did you recently change out or upgrade your RAM?
Yes, I recently upgraded my RAM from 2 to 16GB. The crashes recently have been fewer, but still happen fairly often... once every hour or two. I've had my computer maintenanced and they say the hardware is running fine. I don't have this problem with other programs.
EFDB3A49-248F-4F94-ABBC-9D75676985D0
F484544E-710B-4B8B-B766-B00A564D2DE7
Hey Shelby,

This still appears to be the same crash type. I'm thinking this is still due to the memory now. Looking at that specific model (MacBookPro9,2), this only officially supports 8 GB.

I've read that unofficially it can do 16 GB with third party RAM. But since it is unofficial, there are possibilities things can go wrong.

Did this only occur when you upgraded your RAM? Can you try adding back the original RAM and see if it helps?