Achievements disabled until further notice.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 16 Next
I guess this is like Error 37.. :( I can't play till it's back up because I'm playing on Brutal difficulty.

But hey, excellent campaign thus far.
I guess this is like Error 37.. :( I can't play till it's back up because I'm playing on Brutal difficulty.

But hey, excellent campaign thus far.

I feel you man..
So in other words things are pretty much par for the course? Maybe one day Blizzard will launch a title or expansion without any issues... nah, probably not.

Honestly, I was surprised to find the forums working. Terribad rollouts are usually accompanied by unresponsive forums, too.

I can't name a major release from any company that went 100% as planned...

I guess you haven't been playing vidya games all that long, then.

I've been playing LotRO since beta, and while they do have issues, there've been many uneventful updates that rolled out no problem, just for an example. The initial launch went just fine, too, if memory serves.

I know bugs and issues are to be expected, nothing's perfect, blah blah, but Blizzard consistently has issues.
You're an idiot if you really think they're paying attention to you. You are wining about not being able to play for achievements, yet the game still works. This is the last time I'm going to say this since you are clearly a troll: SimCity did not work at all. You could only stare at the load-up screen before it says "servers are down, try again later", all week long. so Pleas, go troll elsewhere. I'm playing the campaign fine, matches, vs ai, anything. Achievements have only been down 20 min, not right from the start like SimCity. Pay attention.
Criminal

This is like watching a kid have a tantrum because his mother is making him wait to go to Mcdonalds until after they are done grocery shopping. This issue has been around for half an hour roughly and they are clearly working on hot fixes. Have some god damn patience, take a walk around the block and they will probably be fixed by the time you get back. If you can't do that at least stop being so dramatic. Most of you probably have no idea what goes into a game launch so you should have no opinion on how unacceptable or simple this issue is.

How many launches in a row is acceptable to have broken achievements by your standards. It seems to me that nearly 100% of xbox games get it right out of the box. Blizzard is 0/3 on their last 3 launches in terms of having achievements work properly.

It is pretty common for any game that runs solely online will have bugs due to the complication of the game engine and script required(IE any MMO launch in history has had worse bugs). Does this issue suck? Sure it does. Do I wish it hadn't happened? Of course, however I'm not gonna carpet bomb blizzard at the 45 min mark for being a horrible company. If this had been going on for days then some of these responses would be valid but at this stage they are over dramatic and ridiculous in my opinion.
WOW...im glad i read the forums before i played. ive waited this long....one afternoon aint the worst thing that could happen....
Hey man thanks abunch ill grab that one when chieves are back upp appreciate the tip
Besides the not even having achievements or being able to play at all...I can't even redeem my game code on Battlenet. Anyone else having this problem?
You're an idiot if you really think they're paying attention to you. You are wining about not being able to play for achievements, yet the game still works. This is the last time I'm going to say this since you are clearly a troll: SimCity did not work at all. You could only stare at the load-up screen before it says "servers are down, try again later", all week long. so Pleas, go troll elsewhere. I'm playing the campaign fine, matches, vs ai, anything. Achievements have only been down 20 min, not right from the start like SimCity. Pay attention.

You're the one trolling. Stop calling people names. They have a valid complaint.

It's a bit tough to progress the campaign on brutal when Kerrigan can't gain XP.

"At least there's ladder" is cold comfort to those who're trying to complete the campaign.

"At least it's not SimCity" is no comfort at all.
Hahaha yall are funny
They are back up.
03/12/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Criminal

You're the one trolling. Stop calling people names. They have a valid complaint.

lul, stop calling names when he called me a name first? Makes sense :\

The complaint IS valid, never said it wasn't, pay attention. I simply said this is NOTHING compared to EA's SimCity, what part dont you get? All I said was "at least it's not as bad as that", all you could do is stare at your box art there, whereas I'm in HOTS now, so....
game is down completely for me now
Criminal

How many launches in a row is acceptable to have broken achievements by your standards. It seems to me that nearly 100% of xbox games get it right out of the box. Blizzard is 0/3 on their last 3 launches in terms of having achievements work properly.

It is pretty common for any game that runs solely online will have bugs due to the complication of the game engine and script required(IE any MMO launch in history has had worse bugs). Does this issue suck? Sure it does. Do I wish it hadn't happened? Of course, however I'm not gonna carpet bomb blizzard at the 45 min mark for being a horrible company. If this had been going on for days then some of these responses would be valid but at this stage they are over dramatic and ridiculous in my opinion.

This is not an MMO. WoL and D3 also had issues. There is nothing overly dramatic about expecting your game to work on launch. I see no reason for an industry leader in profits to release subpar products. The game is awesome, too bad it isn't working.
Fixed? Or just up for a few minutes.
Achievements are back up for me
Sweet Mother of Kerrigan Blizzard, please use a polymorph spell and turn those achievements back into some classy sheep. Without those achievements I just don't feel like my usual "Baaaaahhhd" Old self.
Confirmed back up.
uhh when I look at my achievements, they are there. However, on the campaign screen, my achievements are listed as 0%, 0%, and 0% for the two campaigns and challenges...