Regions, Patching, and Maintenance

Technical Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
*sigh* I finally have time off to play this game after buying it, but I can't because of this glitch.

You know, if I downloaded this off of tbp I would be able to play right now.
Having same problem. Anyone tried uninstalling and installing again?
Wwll as long as I'm not the only one I feel better lol no unistalling and installing wont work I've tried.
Same here, American server, can´t log in.
I also can't log in to American server...
This is ridiculous. 22 hours of maintenance is unacceptable. Way to yet again release another unfinished game. Blizzard used to be the standard on quality, completely finished game releases. Now it's a joke. WTF happened.
I believe that the other users and myself would appreciate some information regarding the cause of the problem and an estimated time that you will be able to correct the issue that seems to be occurring on your Americas server.
This is bull!@#$. I just purchased Hots and right after i give Blizzard my money i immediately cant play the game because of this mismatch error. Blizzard you have under staffed and over sold your product. THIS IS NOT THE BLIZZARD IT USED TO BE. I remember when you could install spawn copies, now i cant even play the game i bought because of this Anti pirate DRM always online crap. Way to waste my forty dollars today. There are multiple threads on this issue affecting the Hots beta and Blizzard went ahead and released the game anyways. Such a poorly mismanaged company Blizzard has become.

Im not even trying to go online, im just trying to play single player. THIS IS WHY YOUR SYSTEM SUCKS BLIZZARD, IM LIVING IT RIGHT NOW. Im pulling my stock out.
That's all well and good, but I never touched the region option, it has always been Americas, so why am I having this issue? This is why you should only have to be online for multi-player.
This is probably the last blizzard game I will buy. After wow turned to crap, diablo 3 didn't even come close to what you'd expect of a C title, and now I can't even play this game because it doesn't permit offline play.

Blizzard is past its prime. It's a good thing there are a lot of indie titles out there that are doing so well (NS2, LoL, Minecraft) otherwise I'd be feeling like my computer is rather useless about now.
Macros
I believe that the other users and myself would appreciate some information regarding the cause of the problem and an estimated time that you will be able to correct the issue that seems to be occurring on your Americas server.

I agree. I'm not angry about this, makes sense, this always happens with new games when they have many servers and need to patch them on different schedules. Just give us crazed SC2 gamers a explanation and a possible timeline and we will be happy and patient.
BTW anybody know of any way to get a refund if you ordered from newegg?
Same issue... region cant connect because it says its not the original or something... never changed it, worked fine yesterday... had a whole day off to play today... now this...

Hopefully a fix will be here soon....
same issue as above "game mismatch for this server"
I'm pretty angry lol, when the error message and the blue post lies to my face; I tend to get mad haha.
I agree. I'm not angry about this, makes sense, this always happens with new games when they have many servers and need to patch them on different schedules. Just give us crazed SC2 gamers a explanation and a possible timeline and we will be happy and patient.

It's fine if its a new game and there's a last minute kink that made it in, but there's no reason for this particular problem to exist. The game would otherwise work fine without even having an internet connection to begin with, but they just arbitrarily required it to have one anyways.

It isn't stopping piracy at all. The pirates *can* play this game right now. Those of us who paid for it can not.
Just trying to complete the new campaign in single player, did not connect to any other region other than Americas so the whole "your client is patched ahead of the region" is complete bull.

uninstall/reinstall did NOT fix the issue and an ETA of the fix, or even a better (less bull) explanation of the problem would be much appreciated
It's frustrating. Blizzard has an obligation to its consumers since it forces us to be online to play. It should have everything together - login wise - before release. Game products are open to claims against malfunction. Upon purchase at retail there is no disclaimer that the game may not actually work at no fault of the user. Accordingly refund of purchase price, or component thereof is warranted.
Can we at least get a timeline so and some information as to what is going on? Also, it would be nice if offline mode worked so I could continue with the campaign.
So I noted that my accounts has HOTS listed with the Region as "Global", if I select EU I can sign in there, but US gives me the mis-matched region error. I have a standard physical copy.

*and now I'm in