what will the nerf entail...

Terran Discussion
Post Limit:
So,

As we all know..We have a nerf incoming.

What will it hit, and how?

My bet;

Medivac Boost (research through tech lab on Starport)
Widow Mine Requires tech lab OR increased build time +25 vespian
Shh...... dont give them any ideas
I think an AoE reduction to widow mine and a longer cooldown on Medivac Boost is what we can expect.

Is it fair/balanced? Who knows.
I don't think WMs will get touched especially if they look at this MLG, they're really easy to deal with as it is and really only hurt people who just a-move across the map, but i expect medivac boost to get a CD increase because it just seems like its always up.
Probable a bigger speed boost cooldown which would be fair. After seeing the way the pros can use it i can look past my biased to say it seems to strong. Its just to hard for toss to defend when the cd is that short and can keep from being spammed back and forth from base to base. I give alot of the toss props tohugh i always called them the Amove race but they are doing there !@#$in best to defend these drops especially creator.
I still dont think wm's are op though and should'nt be touched especially if they are nerfing !@#$ based on the tournaments plus I think a med speed boost nerf to medvac would basically be a nerf to wm drops as well.
Sigh.. this is why terran keeps getting nerfed.. cuz dumbass golds like these keep giving blizzard ideas and talking about balance even though they suck at the game
I personally think it's not so much the Cool down (sure its short lol) but more so the 2 medivac timing attack, that was really strong in WoL, little alone know with boost. Hence Why I said it could come with a upgrade via tech lab (wasn't it like this in a beta patch?)

I hope they dont touch us to much, I can kind of see the same thing happening in WoL to Hots...Terran really strong early, slowly get fixed along with nerfs and slight tweaks...which in the end made us entirely weak (unless your a Korean)

Just my two cents.

Keep on droppin' lads.
I think an AoE reduction to widow mine and a longer cooldown on Medivac Boost is what we can expect.

Is it fair/balanced? Who knows.

The widow mine AoE is what Blizzard is thinking now, according to the recent David Kim interview on TL. I think if the medivac boost needs nerfing, a longer cooldown is the best option.

I still think tempests needs to be hit with a nerf.

I personally think it's not so much the Cool down (sure its short lol) but more so the 2 medivac timing attack, that was really strong in WoL, little alone know with boost. Hence Why I said it could come with a upgrade via tech lab (wasn't it like this in a beta patch?)

There was no afterburner research in beta, it's always been available as soon as the medivacs are built. However, David Kim said in one of his balance patch thoughts that if the timing was too early, Blizzard would slow it down with an upgrade requirement instead of nerfing the ability itself.
Sigh.. this is why terran keeps getting nerfed.. cuz dumbass golds like these keep giving blizzard ideas and talking about balance even though they suck at the game

Yeah, that's the problem. Idiot.
Removed WM from the game.

Emergency Thrusters now require all energy of medi-vac to be consumed. It is an "emergency" eh Terrans?

Hellbats are now mechanical.

#Warhound

#BlueFlame

#Reapers

#LategameTerran
Remove widow mine splash and it's still cost effective vs everything but lings and overlords.

Just remove the unit or make it armory tech and 3x the cost.
I think they will reduce widow mine splash (it will still do ok I think), and the nerf that I see incoming to the medivac is either: increased cooldown OR that you are unable to unload or pick up units when it is turned on or some variation of that I dunno, my money is still on the cooldown increase though.
03/16/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Chaz
Emergency Thrusters now require all energy of medi-vac to be consumed. It is an "emergency" eh Terrans?

That is a pretty good idea. Give it some sort of cost so it really is to only be used in an emergency. Add some sort of tech requirement or something and it would be much more balanced

Remove widow mine splash and it's still cost effective vs everything but lings and overlords.

Just remove the unit or make it armory tech and 3x the cost.

Balancing widow mines is pretty tough. Removing widow mines and replacing them with a more interesting unit would be pretty cool. Seeing the warhound come back would be nice. If they do keep them in, make them require research in a factory tech lab and give it cost 25 more gas and minerals, bringing it to a total of 75/50. Maybe even make it require 50 more gas.

Blizzard certainly care what I think right?

How many times have they stated they rely on balance reports from a top tier level rather than lower leagues?

and its not like MLG isnt a slight give away... ;s
Medivacs and mines are on the radar. But thanks to MC and others at MLG showing how to deal with them, there's a high chance that they won't be nerfing them within the next month.

replacing them with a more interesting unit would be pretty cool.

Did they ever add, remove or replace a unit after Lings of Liberty got out? I think we can forget about Warhound.
Balancing widow mines is pretty tough. Removing widow mines and replacing them with a more interesting unit would be pretty cool. Seeing the warhound come back would be nice. If they do keep them in, make them require research in a factory tech lab and give it cost 25 more gas and minerals, bringing it to a total of 75/50. Maybe even make it require 50 more gas.

A more interesting unit is the warhound? The one unit that could A move and win against anything. How is the widow mine unbalanced? That's the thing I'm not seeing. Is it a strong unit against noobs? Sure, but so is DTs.