I need help with HOTS lag spikes (It freezes)

General Discussion
I never lagged at all on WOL...well I did in 4v4's for example late game or maybe a 2 sec lag once in a blue moon in 1v1 but never really lagged otherwise.

Now I bought HOTS and I find myself constantly freezing in-game (at the start and in big battles), it freeze then it does "burp burp" sound

I play on everything that they recommand me (medium, some things are low etc)

I dont wanna play on Low tho, I cant stand the graphics...was playing on medium on WOL

I need help to fix lag...just spent 3 hours running anti virus, deleting !@#$ tons of stuff on my pc + defrag and im still lagging

In options, should I check antialias and vertical sync?
Btw just noticed in my Graphic quality it was set to custom instead of medium

What is custom? would that cause lag? havn't play another game yet. doubt it fixes that easily tho T.T
either your settings are too high or somethings up with your connection
either your settings are too high or somethings up with your connection

I have both aliasing in options and vertical sync unchecked

Do you have them checked?
Its not just you... i have the same problem.

If you look at techinical support, were not alone.... =/

Even with all graphics set at low, i cant play... =(

Always played WoL with Extreme video options...
Its not just you... i have the same problem.

If you look at techinical support, were not alone.... =/

Even with all graphics set at low, i cant play... =(

Always played WoL with Extreme video options...

Strange...I get a 5-6 seconds freeze but I think (the 60 seconds pop up screen opens when it does that) so I dont actually lose time lagging but in battles I end up losing everything because of the split second I lose when it unfreezes...

It freeze for like 6 seconds every big battle or early game or if a unit attack (not always, but often)
Having the same problem here.. can`t play the game.
getting some sort of short spikes every 3-4 seconds....cant play the game...
yup same here.....
Having the same problem, short lag spikes 2-3 seconds long every so often. Doesnt make the game unplayable, but it is very annoying. Usually occurs with the finished production of a unit or building etc.

Has blizzard addressed this issue? I am getting 100 fps, then all of a sudden it dips to 15. Wtf?
I'm having the same problem and it usually happens in team games. I know it's not my laptop because I can have 3 games in a row without any lag and then all of a sudden the 4th game has tremendous lag so it's really frustrating.
same here. it's now unplayable.
Definitely not just you. I've gone through tech support a few times, got it fixed only to have it start again the very next day. Absolutely no idea why and tech support can't really seem to figure it out either.

Played WoL maxed out, get very "hiccup-y" games in Hots with it on the lowest settings possible. Isn't the connection, so who knows.
Try disabling reverb in the sound option, for me it cause freezing for some reason
me too!!!!!

hell, it pisses me off so much!!!

additionaly, the screen freezes like 5~10 seconds when I open the menu
Having a very similar problem. I have seen a lot of threads about this but no definitive fixes. Sure wish they could pinpoint what is causing the issues..
It seems with every new patch there's a risk that the game will start lagging if it didn't already, or that the lag will get worse. No idea why. I have the same problem you do.

I remember one guy saying the lag stopped after reformatting his computer. My computer needs one, but I can't until the summer, when school's over. Hopefully that works. If not, I'll just have to deal with it. I'm not prepared to throw money at extra ram or a new video card when even those with top of the line computers have the same problem.
every 2-3 minutes I got a lag spike of about 2sec.
I never had problem on WOL with extrem graphics.
I thougth it happens when it load new building or unit at runtime.