Why does it cost $45 for HOTS?

ANZ / SEA
Hi,

I want to know why starcraft costs $45? why does it costs an extra 5 dollars than every other country and yet we dont even have our own local server? Can any rep clarify for me?

Thanks,
Because we get +17 hours of gameplay!

nah just kidding.

Its because the AUS government is corrupt, as is Telstra.

So the SEA/ANZ server was set up in singapore, and the cost for HotS is $5 more.
+17 hours if we were told before the game went live that we have to download another client of 12gb. Which they didnt state.
03/11/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Blacked
+17 hours if we were told before the game went live that we have to download another client of 12gb. Which they didnt state.

Not my fault you uninstalled the SEA client so you could install the NA client so you would be able to play on NA when they were a client version behind...

I didn't re-download the game :D
I never changed anything, downloaded WOL from my account page. Nothing was ever said nor did I even know about different clients being this is the english version.
because u will buy it, simple as that
Because of the shipping costs to get it here, we are one of the last countries on the shipping route from America. But as for digital downloads, they have no reason to charge us extra yet they continue to tax us for it. As if it costs them more to get it to us through the net? Stop Geo-blocking us
Because we get +17 hours of gameplay!

nah just kidding.

Its because the AUS government is corrupt, as is Telstra.

So the SEA/ANZ server was set up in singapore, and the cost for HotS is $5 more.

It has nothing to do with the government. They probably are corrupt but this is not a symptom. Blame in this case is directed entirely at the publishing/marketing division of Acti-Bliz.

Their usual response to this type of question is to ignore it and hope it goes away. If pressed they will say something about not wanting to undercut brick and mortar retail stores. If asked why the brick and mortar stores charge more, they will try to deflect the suspicion on anything that seems plausible.

Ultimately though, they charge us in AU more because:
1. They can
2. Traditionally they always have
3. They are confident we will buy it anyway
Ultimately though, they charge us in AU more because:
1. They can
2. Traditionally they always have
3. They are confident we will buy it anyway

They won't undercut the retailers, though the retailers are charging up to 50% more than they should anyway.

To be honest I think they actually should undercut the retailers slightly on the off chance EB and electronics stores might actually lower the prices to a cost more comparable to North America.

______________________________________________________________________________
    Mathmick - Most Valuable Poster
    http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/36798 - The Most Valuable Poster program info

"Life... is strength... ...it seems logical enough. You live, you affect your world."
Blizz charge RRP, the RRP is the same that they set for physical stores but no store chooses to sell at RRP because that's business.

It won't change, blizzard and all companies that sell online copies don't want to undercut physical stores as those stores would then ct them off and they would loose sales.
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'
Did you buy it anyway? That's why they charge $5.00 more.
just buy it online no reason to have the disk anyway retarded
GST.

$40 + 10% = $44.

45 rounded up because why not.

Blame the government.
Economies of scale. SEA has a much smaller market than NA or EU. The marginal cost of producing copies is higher than those regions. Naturally, the product would cost slightly more.

Also, taxes and shipping, which, in AU's case, is prolly the reason why it's a bit more expensive than in other SEA countries (e.g., it only costs $41 in PH, less if you buy the $30 WoL with it).
just buy the game key from a third party site, there are reliable ones.
dunno what you're complaining about, it costs even more in new zealand.
I wanna be australian and pay the 5$ more! Deal?
I paid Au$120 for my HotS

(plus a painful 14.3Gig download)...

I'm a SC2 fan...

I love it.