Someone please address the disc install

Technical Support
Post Limit:
I have looked around and there are several topics on this problem with no comment from Blizzard.

I am installing this from the disc and it is unforgivably slow. It takes 5 minutes for every 0.1 percent.

What the hell is going on? I bought the physical disc specifically because I have a bandwidth cap.
same thing, and im not getting a response or finding a fix, i bought the hard copy so i DIDNT have to deal with the launcher crap.. and answer or a fix would be nice
just leave it alone, i hard disc installed and it sat at 5.0% for at least an hour or two, then it instantly shot up to 100%

give it time, go to bed, and play tomorrow :)
Okay so it finally got past the first install screen and now it wants to download 7 gigs of data.

I bought the disc to avoid downloading! What the heck Blizzard?

Someone say something! I am not the only one having problems here!
Sure am glad I didn't waste my time going to a midnight release last night.
We should be upgraded to DD to make up for it.
Still having this problem.
Here's the thing. You're not supposed to install with the disc if you already have WOL installed. I was frustrated earlier today until I logged in to send a ticket via Battle.net. Then I saw a little message that said "If you have WOL you don't need to install HOTS just activate the game and optimize it." Now this is all fine and dandy but they should let more people know about this.
Well the thing is WOL is a fresh install too. So logic would dictate that a more updaed version of the game would be installed using the HOTS disc.

But nope apparently I have to download 7 gigs of data?
Here's the thing. You're not supposed to install with the disc if you already have WOL installed. I was frustrated earlier today until I logged in to send a ticket via Battle.net. Then I saw a little message that said "If you have WOL you don't need to install HOTS just activate the game and optimize it." Now this is all fine and dandy but they should let more people know about this.

Yep that's right! According to this https://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/9064004/ you will need to optimize your gaming files and then download any outstanding patches etc etc. I haven't been able to do it yet as my computer is away being fixed and this one wont run it optimally so I'm just relaying information to people :)
See that is complete BS and totally invalidates the point of buying the disc.
I also bought the disc to avoid having to DL and waste time with that. I've let it run for 5 hours now, it says roughly 400KB/S with a total of about 2.2GB to download...I download with p2p all the time, why is this going so slow?
For me it's not about wasting time, it's about bandwidth.
Three hours later, and not a peep. Getting closer and closer to starting the refund process.
Why would you get a refund? If you are patient everything will be fixed. You are going to pick it up at a later date anyway so why does it matter? Go play something else.
Actually no if I get a refund I will not pick it up at a later date. At least not at full price. I spent money on a physical product specifically to not have to download everything, because I have a bandwidth limit. But despite having the disc with the data on it I am required to download anyway. This isn't acceptable.

I bought a disc off the shelf expecting to play it today but I can't, andwon't be able to without going over my limit and getting hit with fees from my ISP. I don't want to play it later. I want to play it now.

This is the problem with forcing digital downloads on people and nowhere on the box does it say I will be required to download over seven gigs of data just to play my physical copy.

I can't go get something else because I spent my money on this game. I made the choice to get this over the upcoming Bioshock or Lego City or Monster Hunter or Metal Gear Rising. So if I get my money back, it's going to be so I can get one of those games instead. So I can buy a freaking disc, put it in, and play.
I dont know if you would be able to get a refund. Most PC games aren't able to be refunded as they have a code that you can only use once. Really depends where you got it and wether the person is a bit clueless
Yeah I've got very low bandwidth internet(The best we have out here in the country) and I went to town and bought the physical disc. I've had it for an hour now and the installer still says 0.1%.
I can't get live support chat to work properly and yes, I do have pop-up blocker off.

No one from Blizzard has responded to the many threads on this problem on the forum here.

This is infuriating.
Perhaps ring customer service?