Massive Spikes of lag in HoTS and WoL

Technical Support
Sorry for length, just want to be thorough.
So I've been playing WoL since the Beta on my PC without any issues, I get the HoTS beta and begin to experience very disruptive lag at random intervals of time (graphics onscreen freeze, sound repeats over and over, mouse sometimes moves sometimes doesn't). I figured it was because HoTS was in beta and it would get fixed/patched. I played WoL, again with no issues, until we got the "graphical patch" before HoTS launched and the lag is returning. It makes the game almost unplayable, every 15-60 seconds (realtime not game time)I have to fight against it and I've had people complain about it on ladder.

I know its not my router because my roommate plays WoL with excellent connection speeds, so the only issue is my computer itself. But my computer (although outdated) has been able to run this game since its inception with very few issues, so you can kind of see how this could be annoying.

Anyway Here's my DxDiag:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.130107-0416)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: P4V80
System Model: P4VM800
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Page File: 810MB used, 2622MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

My video card drivers, sound card drivers, and network card drivers are all up to date.
If anyone has any tips that would be appreciated, I've already done the check/uncheck quick play trick in the updater to no avail. I'm hoping someone has a fix so I can ladder with peace of mind!
Sorry to self bump, but does nobody have an answer to this?
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8414822203

I have a thread on the same thing, and they are trying to blame my router, and I know empirically it is not my router. I get random periods of 100% packet loss when HOTS is open, and it is sooooooo frustrating. tonight however, I have yet to experience it, ill cross my fingers, but i wont hope too much.
I'm experiencing the same thing, random lag spikes at random times. It does this on multiplayer and it's the worst on campaign. I love playing the campaign and i am a huge achievement hunter, i love getting achievements and i can't do this because of this lag spike nonsense. Wireless signal always shows excellent so it's not my internet. Please fix this problem, it is extremely frustrating.
that's starcraft 2 for ya. you're just experiencing the same problem many of us have been experiencing for the past 3 years. sometimes a clean install of windows helps, sometimes it doesn't. sometimes patches help, sometimes they don't. sometimes a driver tweak helps, sometimes not. the game might run perfectly for months, but then for some reason, (who knows? we're all just guessing here while Blizzard's laughing it's way to the bank), the game will just break and you probably won't be ale to fix it no matter what you do. it's a very fragile thing, starcraft 2, and we don't know why it abruptly has this issue, it just does.
there should be one main thread on this, but every time they've made one in the past, they've taken it down after a few weeks. they never leave it up, or else it would be the oldest thread here.
bump
bump
Hello guys, i was searching on google cause i have the exact same problem. Im from brazil and i get like 10-15 network spikes randoly, of course, i contact blizzard, and as usual, they say the problem is on my router. But i play a lot of diferent games on line and never get this issue. Sad to say that Blizzard cant provide a decent server to players.